Gervinho

Dave

I do like the Guardian they hire some very good writers but they do seem intent to brush over us as much as possible.

have you ever listened to their football weekly podcast? they actually make a pretty consistent joke out of intentionally never giving us a mention

I do like the Guardian they hire some very good writers but they do seem intent to brush over us as much as possible.

have you ever listened to their football weekly podcast? they actually make a pretty consistent joke out of intentionally never giving us a mention

Cunts.

I used to listen to it, do you mean in general they ignore us...or in relation to this transfer?

i've been listening for about half a season. a few times i've heard them say stuff like 'and there was a newcastle game but we're not gonna talk about that'  'this week even newcastle are getting a mention'  (when we were playing man u)  'there you are newcastle fans, happy now?'

to be honest it's done in a jovial way and i'd rather they were saying nowt than slagging us off every week, it's probably because we had a reasonably successful season that they don't mention us to be honest. they did slag the mackems off something rotten like

It does get frustrating when I feel like we've had a very good win on the weekend and they only give us a little mention at the end of the first segment. It's only a forty minute show, so it's understandable.

Guest je85

There's a Newcastle fan on The Football Ramble, we usually get a bit on there.

Football Weekly have had Jonathan Wilson on a few times too, probably some form of running joke.

There's a Newcastle fan on The Football Ramble, we usually get a bit on there.

Football Weekly have had Jonathan Wilson on a few times too, probably some form of running joke.

Yeah, Donaldson tries to force as much NUFC related stuff into the Ramble as possible.

Yeah Glendenning says he's a Sunderland fan. Cunt. I stopped listening to that shite anyway.

I swear that one week he said something about Carroll making our wingers look good. And then, maybe two weeks later (after Carroll had fucked off to Liverpool)  he was on about how Liverpool needed someone who could cross the ball and that they would do well to sign Barton.

Guest Heneage

It's sad that they feel so compelled to ignore us. It's a bit snobby from the likes of Richardson who I expected better from. I find it a bit hit and miss lately if I'm honest, feels like it is descending to a boys tree house with just giggling and rude jokes.

Probably, I mean Arsenal do need strengthening elsewhere so Gervinho would be a waste of time for them. From what's been mentioned so far in this thread, they're not too bothered about him.

They already have Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin who are capable on the right... Apparently they've all but signed Ricky Alvarez who is a natural left footed wide player/attacking midfielder.

I really don't think Gervinho is a player they need to be targeting, seems strange that Wenger is apparently after him. They need a #9 and a CB first and foremost, then a DM and a goalkeeper. Not another quasi-striker-cum-winger-cum-midfielder-lol-I-have-no-position type.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know it is a bone of contention on the board but this cwarr on twitter is absolutely adament gervinho is signing. To the point of telling mark Douglas to use it as his exclusive

It will be the end of his account if he dosnt sign, so it's win win really!

They already have Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin who are capable on the right... Apparently they've all but signed Ricky Alvarez who is a natural left footed wide player/attacking midfielder.

I really don't think Gervinho is a player they need to be targeting, seems strange that Wenger is apparently after him. They need a #9 and a CB first a foremost, then a DM and a goalkeeper. Not another quasi-striker-cum-winger-cum-midfielder-lol-I-have-no-position type.

This!

I doubt they are interested as you say.

I know it is a bone of contention on the board but this cwarr on twitter is absolutely adament gervinho is signing. To the point of telling mark Douglas to use it as his exclusive

It will be the end of his account if he dosnt sign, so it's win win really!

Really?

What are his latest tweets?

I really don't think Gervinho is a player they need to be targeting, seems strange that Wenger is apparently after him. They need a #9 and a CB first and foremost, then a DM and a goalkeeper. Not another quasi-striker-cum-winger-cum-midfielder-lol-I-have-no-position type.

:lol: