Gervinho

Dave

Can't see him coming here if I'm honest. Think we'd be better served aggressively perusing N'Zogbia

Aye. 

We should be going all out to make sure we get Zog and then if we get Gervinho aswell it's a huge bonus, but if we don't we've still got one of the best wingers in the league.

I'm not even sure what's going on with this one tbh.

We were originally told it was between Gameiro and Gervinho yet now Gameiro has gone to PSG we've apparently moved on to someone else that isn't Gervinho that sounds like it could be Erding.

I'm not sure if even if Mark Douglas is up to speed with what's going on.

We were originally told it was between Gameiro and Gervinho yet now Gameiro has gone to PSG we've apparently moved on to someone else that isn't Gervinho that sounds like it could be Erding.

I'm not sure if Gervinho is even up to speed with what's going on.

Hazard?

It seemingly was between Gameiro and Gervinho. He never said we would get any of them. Actually he's probably been more negative than any other regarding the possibility of us signing them. Been spot on so far.

It seemingly was between Gameiro and Gervinho. He never said we would get any of them. Actually he's probably been more negative than any other regarding the possibility of us signing them. Been spot on so far.

I didn't say he said we were going to get one of them, I'm pointing out he said that Gervinho was the back up plan to Gameiro yet now he's gone to PSG he claims we're moving on to someone else instead.

I didn't say he said we were going to get one of them, I'm pointing out he said that Gervinho was the back up plan to Gameiro yet now he's gone to PSG he claims we're moving on to someone else instead.

Obviously, if Gervinho doesn't want to come either, we have to look for other targets. Simple. Logic.

Obviously, if Gervinho doesn't want to come either, we have to look for other targets. Simple. Logic.

So Gervinho has said he doesn't want to come then?

As it stands Mark Douglas claimed we hadn't put a bid in for Gervinho yet as he was our back up to Gameiro, now he's claiming we're going to put a bid in for someone else while claiming we haven't ruled out Gervinho yet either.

So he's gone from being the back up to Gameiro to the back up to the back up to Gameiro.

Was it said that gervinho was the back up plan should gameiro say no ?

He said it was one or the other IIRC with Gameiro being the clubs top target.

Yeah, but it wasn't cast in stone.. it was only his opinion. I guess on this he was wrong, or should I say, I think we're still interested.

The Telegraph seem to think Wenger is confident Arsenal have won the race, pipping us and Liverpool an he should sign in the next few days. Not too fussed tbh, it was worth a go but it's no big surprise if he's chosen them.

I think if the lad was joining us he'd be here already. Not arsed though, tbh. Like Gameiro, if there's somewhere he'd rather be then good luck to him.

When it comes to signing players who'd really rather be plaing elsewhere then i'd quote Michael Owen - "tried that, didn't enjoy it".

Was it said that gervinho was the back up plan should gameiro say no ?

He said it was one or the other IIRC with Gameiro being the clubs top target.

Yeah, but it wasn't cast in stone.. it was only his opinion. I guess on this he was wrong, or should I say, I think we're still interested.

He's not wrong anyway. The point he was trying to make was that we wouldn't get both of them. So - if we were to buy, it wouldn't be both.

"He has to decide exactly what he wants. We are not opposed to the idea of a transfer, but the agreement has to suit us.

"We have yet to receive an offer or proposal."

With Robin van Persie's injury problems well known and Nicklas Bendtner expected to leave the club, Arsenal are expected to bolster their attacking options.

In addition to Gervinho, Arsenal have been linked with a move for Karim Benzema, but the Real Madrid striker may yet at at the La Liga side.

Reading between the lines on douglas's latest tweets

We don't want him!

Hopefully after tomorrow, we can finally concentrate on bringing someone else in. This potential deal is dead.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Douglas said something about it not being up to him (Gervinho) whether he comes or not its NUFCs decision