Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Heart was in my mouth when he went down clutching his knee....looked ok afterwards though

Yeah I thought that was gonna be bad too because it was from his own tackle and it didn't look like an impact injury at the time.

Great vision and ability. Really excited for Ben Arfa to come back and we can add one more player to run the attack through.

:thup: As long as Tiote can get himself back to last season's form, and Barfa slots in well, it's the makings of one of the sexiest midfields outside of the top 6. Fuck it, including the top 6. Tiote sweeping up in front of the defence, Cabaye launching the Hollywood balls, the simple balls to start attacks, generally starting play, and Barfa charging at the defence and creating/exploiting gaps. I'm wet just thinking about it.

Great vision and ability. Really excited for Ben Arfa to come back and we can add one more player to run the attack through.

:thup: As long as Tiote can get himself back to last season's form, and Barfa slots in well, it's the makings of one of the sexiest midfields outside of the top 6. Fuck it, including the top 6. Tiote sweeping up in front of the defence, Cabaye launching the Hollywood balls, the simple balls to start attacks, generally starting play, and Barfa charging at the defence and creating/exploiting gaps. I'm wet just thinking about it.

I just came..

He's like a more athletic version of Emre. Very impressed so far.

I knew he was great on and with the ball but his ability to get around the pitch and in particular the cleanness of his tackles has really surprised me.

I like Cabaye so far, he hasn't set the world alight but has been more than steady. He can clearly use the ball very well, whether its passing, shooting or crossing, not shy of a tackle and his work rate is good. Think he needs a goal to really kick start his Toon career. Hopefully Tiote can find his form sooner rather than later which will really help Cabaye as well.

He's like a more athletic version of Emre. Very impressed so far.

Aye, and doesn't go down clutching the back of his calf after someone puts a tackle in on him! :lol:

But its a fair comparison, you can see even by the way he controls a ball and passes it that he's naturally a technically gifted player.