Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

Jeez, this forum! The transfer window certainly made for some massive over-reactions. Now Cabs is turboshite?? What's gan on? Keep calm and carry on. FFS

Who said that?

Howay Dave, you read those nonsense posts as well.

Nobody has said he's shite. People have said he's off form (clearly he is) and and are asking if he's really as good as they thought. What the fuck's wrong with that?

Meh. There's no point debating anything with you for the most part, I can't be bothered with this argument as well.

Nice one. :thup:

TBH, I am with Ian on this one. The 'what the fuck's wrong with that' comment shows how even you is getting tetchy. Fucking transfer windows should be banned, for the sake of this forums sanity.

If he's playing crap then people are well within their rights to say he's playing crap, and discuss what they think are the reasons for that. It doesn't mean those people are saying he's a bad player. Otter for one has been saying for long before these the start of this season that he's unconvinced he's quite as good as made out. What I get tetchy about is people piling into threads and invent positions nobody has taken.

TBH I just wish we could have a normal debate, and maybe even just support our team. It's too charged with annoyance and frustration at the moment - the average start to the season combined with the poor transfer window.

You just need to be careful that you don't end up with only one kind of cynical poster on the forum, that's all. Guess it will sort itself out when we win two or three in a row in a couple of weeks.

Mate, you need a look at yourself as well tbh.

Just to weigh in on this point, I would say in general there are more pessimists on the forum than optimists. Think those optimists who go against the grain when things aren't at their best bring the forum mood up a fair bit. Things are rarely as bad as they get made out on here

Jeez, this forum! The transfer window certainly made for some massive over-reactions. Now Cabs is turboshite?? What's gan on? Keep calm and carry on. FFS

Who said that?

Nobody has said he's shite. People have said he's off form (clearly he is) and and are asking if he's really as good as they thought. What the fuck's wrong with that?

Meh. There's no point debating anything with you for the most part, I can't be bothered with this argument as well.

TBH, I am with Ian on this one. The 'what the fuck's wrong with that' comment shows how even you is getting tetchy. Fucking transfer windows should be banned, for the sake of this forums sanity.

If he's playing crap then people are well within their rights to say he's playing crap, and discuss what they think are the reasons for that. It doesn't mean those people are saying he's a bad player. Otter for one has been saying for long before these the start of this season that he's unconvinced he's quite as good as made out. What I get tetchy about is people piling into threads and inventing positions nobody has taken.

Forgive me for 'piling into' the thread. I spend a relatively small amount of time commenting on threads, compared to the time I take reading others' posts. I have a 'glass half full' nature and sometimes I find comments laughable, and feel the need to comment on them. That ok with you?

Just to weigh in on this point, I would say in general there are more pessimists on the forum than optimists. Think those optimists who go against the grain when things aren't at their best bring the forum mood up a fair bit. Things are rarely as bad as they get made out on here

Another true story

Who said he was a deep lying play maker? that's utter BS i have always said he's a great box to box midfielder with fantastic technique.

He's never a deep plying play maker in a million years, is he capable of doing the job? sure but that isn't his best role.

He's basically how Scholes was when he was young ( not as good obviously) play him further forward with little to no defensively restrictions and he will shine.

Great player just being restricted by the system.

No chance he's that! He hasn't got the engine or athleticism for that role. Yaya Toure is the model of a box-to-box midfielder.

He's better playing further forward. End of.

Tbf you say that but Yaya is very lazy and hardly does any defensive work, i have lost count about the amount of goals City have conceded due to Yaya not tracking his marker.

Cabaye's role in 4-3-3 where he's been most successful throughout his career is very similar to Yaya's at City.

He's much more of a b2b midfielder than he is a playmaker anyway.

He's simply no where good enough as many including myself think he was. 

Hes a similar player to Carrick (who I think is class and has the appearance record, league titles and champions league medal to prove it).

Unfortunately both players play in a country where goals from midfield and eye catching tackles are over valued (see Parker and Lampards glittering careers). Hence Carrick is constantly labelled 'shit' even when consistently putting in excellent performances, and this thread suggests a similar fate may await Cabaye.

Where Carrick and Cabaye excel is collecting the ball from the back, spreading it to the full back, collecting it again, feeding the wide men and the strikers, then maybe looking to collect it again, etc etc. In other words, dictating the play, setting the tempo - something totally beyond a large number of English players such as Parker and Lampard.

By its nature it is a role that is greatly affected by the performances of other players in the team, and a lot of players today were poor, and as a whole the team is yet to fire on all cylinders.

Cabaye wasn't at his best either, but to suggest that 'hes nowhere near as good as we thought he was' based on the first few performances of this season is ridiculous - and even if you don't agree with that his career so far speaks for itself, and surely anyone can see he has all the attributes of an excellent player.

Who said that?

If he's playing crap then people are well within their rights to say he's playing crap, and discuss what they think are the reasons for that. It doesn't mean those people are saying he's a bad player. Otter for one has been saying for long before these the start of this season that he's unconvinced he's quite as good as made out. What I get tetchy about is people piling into threads and inventing positions nobody has taken.

Forgive me for 'piling into' the thread. I spend a relatively small amount of time commenting on threads, compared to the time I take reading others' posts. I have a 'glass half full' nature and sometimes I find comments laughable, and feel the need to comment on them. That ok with you?

You'd have been better off quoting the posts you found laughable and addressing them directly. :razz:

Guest neesy111

Nice post deletion Ian W.

Apologies, hoped I would get it off before you read it.

Please delete some of yours as well ;)

Lets have a truce :lol:

"You just need to be careful that you don't end up with only one kind of cynical poster on the forum, that's all."

"Dave merits a discussion on this point, you don't."

Jesus christ man, who do you think you are? :lol:

Your input amounts to a boring positive-neutral non statement on every subject. In-fact, I could easily and correctly state your viewpoint on any NUFC related football subject and it would be the boring positive-neutral one you hold. And now you go around implying what an important poster you are? :lol:

His main problem is he doesn't (or rarely does) drop back to collect the ball or push forward to help with a knockdown from the endless long kicks. It just goes over his head more often than not, which is either down to poor formation or him not using his brain.

"You just need to be careful that you don't end up with only one kind of cynical poster on the forum, that's all."

"Dave merits a discussion on this point, you don't."

Jesus christ man, who do you think you are? :lol:

Your input amounts to a boring positive-neutral non statement on every subject. In-fact, I could easily and correctly state your viewpoint on any NUFC related football subject and it would be the boring positive-neutral one you hold. And now you go around implying what an important poster you are? :lol:

I removed that post and apologised. No need for the character assassination, cheers.

Whether we want to accept it or not the expectation levels of Cabaye are higher than this time last year too, performances like today probably would have been ignored a year ago but we expect more now.

Rightly so tbf but he still isn't suited to playing that deep, free him up Pards  :(

I think he's got a lip on because he basically lined his best mate up to come here and we didn't push a deal through.

That's really possible. Easy to say that he should be professional but you can see that he was as invested as we were to get Debuchy here and must have felt at least bit disappointed that we didn't push that bit further. I'm also worried that if we don't show that we intend to improve the team and move forward, then we'll start losing the likes of HBA, Ba and Cisse but that's for another thread

Something is not right with him. Been woeful so far.

Its really simple, he came from playing I dont know how man games last season to play another four until late july, to then enjoy less than a months holiday to then get be unfit for a disruptive pre-season.

Joke really that people complain, others left the squad in may and came back something like 8 week later or so. He has been out of the team for 3 weeks and played more game than most during this span without two proper pre-seasons. 4-4-2 with Anita meaning him having to drop deeper hasnt helped either.

I'm beginning to wonder if his head was turned and he agreed to stay with us with the thought of Debuchy coming into the team and neither of these things transpired and now he's deflated. He just needs to snap out of this funk, as said earlier he'll be back, hopefully sooner rather than later!

If Debuchy not coming affected him in anyway other than 'oh well, would have been nice' he would need to have a word with himself, that said I don't think it did in any way at all just something that has been created by internet forum members putting far too much emphasise on.