Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Wonder if they made a bid to the club or just sounded out his agent? Find it hard to believe the clubs PR machine wouldn't have been all over rejecting a bid.

Spurs got a way better player in Dembele anyway IMO

Wonder if they made a bid to the club or just sounded out his agent? Find it hard to believe the clubs PR machine wouldn't have been all over rejecting a bid.

Really?

I'd say a different type of player, but way better - no way!

There are several things about Cabaye I dislike tbf. and that is how he uses the ball. As the excellent passer he is he picks a brilliant pass rather often, and thats nice. But he ain't got the speed nor dribbling ability to go past players wich really limits his play sometimes. It forces him to take hasted decisions sometimes, as he can't twist and turn with the ball to wait for a better opportunity. Charging It also comes when charging towards defences to draw them out, as it helps against striker insolation.

He also likes to play it from the deep wich doesn't really help us in the 442 either as he often gets quite stationary trying to keep the ball down there.

Know this post makes me sound like I think he's a garbadge player, wich he is not, it's just areas I really think the team would benefit from him improving on. If he could do theese things it would relieve the pressure of Jonas as the carrier of the ball out of midfield.

Guest hydeous

It looks like Pardew prefers a defensive central midfield. I wonder how much more control we can have on the game if we have Tiote sitting behind Cabaye and Ben Arfa / Marveux playing in forward midfield positions. Will have to be only 1 up front though.

@topic, I like Cabaye, would love for him to get back to last years form because he really hasn't shown anything this season yet.

There are several things about Cabaye I dislike tbf. and that is how he uses the ball. As the excellent passer he is he picks a brilliant pass rather often, and thats nice. But he ain't got the speed nor dribbling ability to go past players wich really limits his play sometimes. It forces him to take hasted decisions sometimes, as he can't twist and turn with the ball to wait for a better opportunity. Charging It also comes when charging towards defences to draw them out, as it helps against striker insolation.

He also likes to play it from the deep wich doesn't really help us in the 442 either as he often gets quite stationary trying to keep the ball down there.

Know this post makes me sound like I think he's a garbadge player, wich he is not, it's just areas I really think the team would benefit from him improving on. If he could do theese things it would relieve the pressure of Jonas as the carrier of the ball out of midfield.

Wheeyze keeeys are.....

You a macum ?    :)

Really?

Aye, Dembele is superb. Was for pretty much all last season and has started his campaign at Spurs with a bang. Exactly the type of player we could do with to help us drive forward a bit more from midfield.

Completely different players really, I guess it would be a matter of preference who you'd have in your midfield.  I would go for Dembele personally.

Actually, I think they compare quite favorably. Both are central midfielders who do better going forward than holding or dropping to defend.

Dembele reminds me more of Ben Arfa than Cabaye if we're doing comparisons.

Anyway I hope Yo can impose himself a lot more in the coming games, needs to really get a grip on the game so we can try and keep the ball for longer than 1 minute.

Dembele reminds me more of Ben Arfa than Cabaye if we're doing comparisons.

Anyway I hope Yo can impose himself a lot more in the coming games, needs to really get a grip on the game so we can try and keep the ball for longer than 1 minute.

Funnily enough Jonas is the most similar comparison - both attacking players who struggled with end product and have reshaped their games dropping back into midfield giving their side a bit of energy. Except Dembele retained his ability to glide past players in the blink of an eye whilst Jonas has lost his. Sure I read somewhere he completed more dribbles than anyone in the premiership last season. Was up there at least.

Would be a pretty spectacular upgrade on Jonas, mind.

Really?

Not sure if people have realised but Disco has a bit of a campaign going where he is putting down all of our players apart from Danny Simpson.

Really?

Not sure if people have realised but Disco has a bit of a campaign going where he is putting down all of our players apart from Danny Simpson.

:lol: what rubbish.

"Perch not fit to lace Aaron Hughes' boots"

"Cabaye not worth £10 million lyk"

"Dembele makes Cabaye look like Jeff Whitley"

"Marveaux is worse than me nan"

"Danny Simpson is God"

All actual quotes.

:lol: Areet Kim Jong-Il, top one is real-ish though I think.

Aaron Hughes has played about 220 PL games since we let him go for £1 million. I know it's oft said, but that is still for me one of the worst decisions Sir Bob made.

Harsh on Bobby when it was Souness who sold him.

In that case I take it back, I thought it was Bobby. Apologies to the great man. Point still stands in relation to it being bad business though.