Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Yet their only form of rebellion seems to be costing us points we could kinda do with.

We don't know what is being said, if anything.  Sometimes you just give up as nothing you say will make a difference.

Take a look at the second goal, and the way a number of our players jog back. The game wasn't over at that point, it was 1-0 and less than 20mins had been played. If they'd given up on the match already then the disgraceful cunts can get the fuck out of this club, whoever the manager is.

Pardew's fucking shite, but it doesn't excuse that lack of basic application.

The players were hugely unprofessional and deserve heavy criticism for it, they were hung out to dry by their manager, in terms of a suicidal line up and tactics, and when they needed him for solutions he couldn't come up with them. I didn't think the players were apathetic, they looked defeated, humiliated and devoid of any confidence and I think Taylor summed it up perfectly post-match, they were feeling sorry for themselves, which is not good enough. I personally think Pardew was most at fault for yesterday's debacle but the players need a backlash too, they're most likely frustrated at the manager but there are far better ways to show it.

There either needs to be some leadership from the dugout or on the pitch, we don't appear to have either right now, which is especially worrying as the bloke in charge seemingly leans on individuals so much to get us results.

I think some people are massively under estimating the influence that Pardew is having on the players, I've seen s*** managers like him in industry and the negative impact they can have is incredible.

I bet the players hate what is happening, every last one of them. 

It's his decisions that have led to the amazing lack of confidence within the team but they simply weren't professional enough yesterday, it should never be that bad, no matter how strongly they feel about the situation. If they've got a problem, then they need to sort it out in private but just make sure you do the best job you can while you're on the pitch.

I like our squad of players and think it has a lot of potential and believe Pardew is the biggest reason we're not performing, but yesterday was not good enough from them.

One thing was clear, when they came out for the second half the players were clearly lifted by the subs, and had a good spell for 10-15 mins before we handed them the killer 3rd goal. After that heads really dropped. But that spell gave a glimpse that they felt much more comfortable having some attacking outlets.

Problem is that Pardew won't set up offensively like that from the start of a game especially not now. But he just doesn't seem to understand that if you start like that then you push the other team back and give them something to worry about. That lineup yesterday was utterly staggering and he got exactly what he deserved for sending that team out. Lambs to the slaughter.

The players were hugely unprofessional and deserve heavy criticism for it, they were hung out to dry by their manager, in terms of a suicidal line up and tactics, and when they needed him for solutions he couldn't come up with them. I didn't think the players were apathetic, they looked defeated, humiliated and devoid of any confidence and I think Taylor summed it up perfectly post-match, they were feeling sorry for themselves, which is not good enough. I personally think Pardew was most at fault for yesterday's debacle but the players need a backlash too, they're most likely frustrated at the manager but there are far better ways to show it.

There either needs to be some leadership from the dugout or on the pitch, we don't appear to have either right now, which is especially worrying as the bloke in charge seemingly leans on individuals so much to get us results.

I bet the players hate what is happening, every last one of them. 

The majority couldn't give a flying shit man.

We stay up: many can stay here on their recently accumulated much bigger wages.

We go down: many will easily be able to get a transfer somewhere else.

Guest icemanblue

Aye they looked devastated yesterday as they did absolutely nothing to prevent the opposition running riot.

This is it, like. At some point, regardless of tactics, lineups and managers, professional pride has to kick in. That wasn't evident in the slightest yesterday and they deserve every bit of their share of the blame.

Take a look at the second goal, and the way a number of our players jog back. The game wasn't over at that point, it was 1-0 and less than 20mins had been played. If they'd given up on the match already then the disgraceful c***s can get the f*** out of this club, whoever the manager is.

Pardew's f***ing s****, but it doesn't excuse that lack of basic application.

That goal was an absolute nightmare, one of the most amateur i've seen us concede. We're on the attack, their 'keeper clears it and they're immediately countering 3 v 2. We've apparently worked on organisation and shape for weeks and our manager apparently studies teams meticulously, yet our 2 defensive midfielders are stood miles away. It's either moronic tactics or the players are stupid/can't communicate.

Yet their only form of rebellion seems to be costing us points we could kinda do with.

We don't know what is being said, if anything.  Sometimes you just give up as nothing you say will make a difference.

They're the players, of course they can make a difference. Without them there's no club.

When basic passing is amiss, as professional footballers, can you really place the blame solely on the managers shoulders?

The line up was disappointing, and I bet a few of the players didn't agree with it, but you still have to apply yourself and try to make the most of it.

I think there is a clear lack of respect towards Pardew from a number of players, some of it deserved but you still have to be professionals. If I had a disagreement with my manager, I couldn't act like them and perform poorly, and a lot of the players on our books earn far more in a week than I do in a year.

Disappointing to see.

Aye they looked devastated yesterday as they did absolutely nothing to prevent the opposition running riot.

They didn't do enough but the game was lost before it had kicked off.

Do you not credit players (or individuals) with any human agency?

Pardew is not controlling the players movements from the side of the pitch.

I manage people and, in turn, am managed by others higher up the food chain. I wouldn't dream of under performing in order to make my boss's plan purposely fail, no matter how I'll thought out I felt it was.

Why? Because it's unprofessional and the impact on my organisation, which I actually care about, could be disastrous.

The game was lost before a ball was kicked? Shame no-one told 50,000 Toon fans beforehand.

One thing was clear, when they came out for the second half the players were clearly lifted by the subs, and had a good spell for 10-15 mins before we handed them the killer 3rd goal. After that heads really dropped. But that spell gave a glimpse that they felt much more comfortable having some attacking outlets.

Problem is that Pardew won't set up offensively like that from the start of a game especially not now. But he just doesn't seem to understand that if you start like that then you push the other team back and give them something to worry about. That lineup yesterday was utterly staggering and he got exactly what he deserved for sending that team out. Lambs to the slaughter.

Apart from at home last season (when we were on the crest of a wave), he's always done that against Liverpool. Insists on treating them like footballing gods, dread to think what he tells the players beforehand.

Take a look at the second goal, and the way a number of our players jog back. The game wasn't over at that point, it was 1-0 and less than 20mins had been played. If they'd given up on the match already then the disgraceful c***s can get the f*** out of this club, whoever the manager is.

Pardew's f***ing s****, but it doesn't excuse that lack of basic application.

That's far too simplistic.  The players we have are far better than we’re seeing and they’ve shown that, whether as a team or individually.  We were set up yesterday to defend and had nothing to offer going forward so we just couldn’t relieve the pressure in the first half.  We had defensive players virtually all over the pitch and they weren’t equipped to do anything positive and we paid for that.  It’s the same when you throw far too many forwards on and are unable to play as a team because you have no shape.

A football team is made up of individuals who should come together as a team and our individuals couldn’t do that because most of them were trying to do the same job and that doesn’t work. 

It’s like trying to bake a cake with one ingredient, it will never work.  No matter how good or how much of that one ingredient you use, the cake is still shite and that’s us at the minute.

I wonder if Cabaye is still suffering from depression, as he appears to have lost all fight and desire. It isn't something you just shake off in a few months.

He's a quality player, he really is, it's frustrating to see him put in half arsed shows. With the captains armband on his person as well.

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing shite under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing shite under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

They weren't playing shite under Dalglish.

They weren't playing shite under Dalglish.

They were playing shite enough for him to get sacked.

Was it the players fault when Liverpool were playing s**** under Dalglish? Strange how they all look much happier and motivated under Rogers with his attacking, passing football.

They weren't playing s**** under Dalglish.

They were playing s**** enough for him to get sacked.

Due to results really, their performances were not actually that bad.... results wise things have not changed much at all for them.

Wouldn't make sense to sack another manager because he's not challenging for top 4 though.

A blind man could see that Liverpool have progressed under Rodgers, it took a little while for his philosophies to Come to fruition, however they play good football, I can see them challenging with spurs, arsenal next season.

When basic passing is amiss, as professional footballers, can you really place the blame solely on the managers shoulders?

The line up was disappointing, and I bet a few of the players didn't agree with it, but you still have to apply yourself and try to make the most of it.

I think there is a clear lack of respect towards Pardew from a number of players, some of it deserved but you still have to be professionals. If I had a disagreement with my manager, I couldn't act like them and perform poorly, and a lot of the players on our books earn far more in a week than I do in a year.

Disappointing to see.

I think the line up could have really fucked the players off. If the reports of harsh complaints at the player/staff meeting are true, then they see that line up for a home game when we're desperate for points, that may have been realization for some of them that this guy just has no clue and he's not going to change. This isn't me excusing them, they deserve a slating, I'm just trying to see where the hell that shambles came from yesterday.

When you see footballers (international footballers, no less) not making simple passes and generally playing like they've had all of the belief sucked out of them, you know something is badly, badly wrong. They looked absolutely hapless, that was even worse than the last Liverpool drubbing we had at home.

A blind man could see that Liverpool have progressed under Rodgers, it took a little while for his philosophies to Come to fruition, however they play good football, I can see them challenging with spurs, arsenal next season.

Thanks for actually seeing the point rather than making an argument for the sake of it.

Me too sadly. Rodgers really showed up Pardew's laughable assertions that you can only compete in the Premier League with a full strength team all of the time. Their best player was out and it didn't phase them one bit, that's without even mentioning the fact that Jamie fucking Carragher was playing.