Yohan Cabaye retires

Guest bimpy474

Remember when Pardew said we'd been shit last season because Cabaye missed so many games? :lol:

This can be added to his list of excuses :lol:

If Cabaye goes do we expect Debuchy to be wanting out too then?

Nope.

He's already said he didn't just move here because of Cabaye and regardless of where Cabaye ends up, he's staying.

Words are shallow to me, until i see Debuchy at SJP between September and January i won't believe it.

Nope.

He's already said he didn't just move here because of Cabaye and regardless of where Cabaye ends up, he's staying.

Well, it's not as if he'd come out with, "Yes I'm here solely to play alongside my best mate and lover, Yohan."

So what do you want?

Monaco are rich, they are probably the richest club out there. If we can't get better than Cabaye then we have to accept the bigger clubs are going to pay to have him for themselves.

Face the facts, when a mega rich club comes knocking the door will swing open, it happened when Liverpool payed us stupid money for Carroll, f*** even Man Utd couldn't say no when Real went daft on Ronaldo.

We don't need to sell players.

Guest Nixon

Nope.

Well, it's not as if he'd come out with, "Yes I'm here solely to play alongside my best mate and lover, Yohan."

He wants to try the Premier League. I'm not saying he's going to see out his contract, but he's here for at least a season.

I really don't think the fee will be as high as some people are hoping.  We had one of the best keepers in the league in Shay Given.  We didn't even get £6m for him.

It'll be £12m tops and we'll probably only be prepared to reinvest a third of it max.

Can you see Ashley being nickel-n'-dimed by Monaco though? He knows they have cash to spend, he'll squeeze as much out of it as possible.

Although they didn't have the current owners (I don't think) Man City weren't exactly poor when they took Given from us though!

Am I one of the only one's really not that bothered? Very, very good at times but always played wrong and far too defensive. Hopefully the fee from this will fund a striker.

:spit:

"We're one of those clubs where we're liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player," Pardew told the Gazette.

"You can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay.

"Having said that, it's going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it's a serious or big bid."

That was a few weeks ago but it's not that startling as he's been saying that shit since day 1. He'll be fucking delighted about this the cunt.

It'll be £12m tops and we'll probably only be prepared to reinvest a third of it max.

think you're probably right about how much we'll reinvest, but I also think it'll be a good bit more than 12.

wonder how the club will defend themselves when Cabaye, the person who has (apparently) made most of our new signings easier, starts telling the world his reasons for leaving (aside from money :iamatwat: )

"We're one of those clubs where we're liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player," Pardew told the Gazette.

"Having said that, it's going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it's a serious or big bid."

That was a few weeks ago but it's not that startling as he's been saying that s*** since day 1. He'll be f***ing delighted about this the c***.

Tbf, pretty much the week we got promoted, didn't Llambias come out with a statement on the website saying something along these lines.

That was a few weeks ago but it's not that startling as he's been saying that shit since day 1. He'll be fucking delighted about this the cunt.

:thup:

As long as Pardew is our manager i don't give a shit, we will play shit football no matter what. Feed up now,  almost worse than sourness for me. This club feel so tacky and shit these days. I understand if he wants to go to a club who have some ambitions. We will try to avoid EL at all cost :lol: joy

The worst scenario (which may happen) is we get the cash for Cabaye, say £20 million and fanny about until the end of the transfer window and end up playing Gosling. I suppose it is better he goes now so we can have time to spend it (after Pardew et al return from their holidays at the end of the month of course).

People questioning Monaco man, they'll finish top 3 in France next season and be in the Champions League the year after. Moutinho, Cabaye, Falcao, Rodriguez...they're going to be a force.

Guest bimpy474

The worst scenario (which may happen) is we get the cash for Cabaye, say £20 million and fanny about until the end of the transfer window and end up playing Gosling. I suppose it is better he goes now so we can have time to spend it (after Pardew et al return from their holidays at the end of the month of course).

Surely it would be Anita, shirley ?