Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It all depends on Cabaye. If his head has been well and truly turned then it will show in his performance tonight (or his non-performance if he doesn't start).

All of us know he will be sold should Arsenal or anyone else hit the magic number, whatever that might be. Anyone who thinks we'll be better off selling him even at an exorbitant price needs their head examined. We have no plan in place tactically on the pitch and no plan in place for transfer activity off it. We will not get a player in of his quality, I can assure you.

I question whether or not we have the wherewithal as an organization to even complete the paperwork/negotiation necessary for a transfer involving a player from another country. I start thinking about Thauvin et al then realize it's Kinnear on the phone and I get very sad.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

#nufc will want at least £30million for Cabaye . Player has refused to comment.

And I want £500m for Fellaini and Baines.

Cool game, this.

Stop being arrogant.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Happy with that stance :thup:

I assume by "want at least £30m" they mean "lets meet in the middle at £20m".

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Not surprised at all considering its this late in the window, no idea why people think we would accept 10-15m.

There is nothing to suggest we will sell easily like some seem to think.

It all depends on Cabaye. If his head has been well and truly turned then it will show in his performance tonight (or his non-performance if he doesn't start).

All of us know he will be sold should Arsenal or anyone else hit the magic number, whatever that might be. Anyone who thinks we'll be better off selling him even at an exorbitant price needs their head examined. We have no plan in place tactically on the pitch and no plan in place for transfer activity off it. We will not get a player in of his quality, I can assure you.

I question whether or not we have the wherewithal as an organization to even complete the paperwork/negotiation necessary for a transfer involving a player from another country. I start thinking about Thauvin et al then realize it's Kinnear on the phone and I get very sad.

You might be right, but we did sign him in the first place, along with a number of other quality players.

He should play tonight either way.

He'll play, but he'll probably be rubbish, as he'll be sulking.

or he'll want to shine to impress them............

Or he'll just be good because he's quite a good player.

don't be silly we're in watching the body language tonight stage anything and everything can and will be interpreted negatively. Cabaye smiles? He's found out how much Arsenal are offering a week

Guest bimpy474

We'll never get £30m. :lol: :lol:

Unless Cabaye kicks off, then we wont sell him because Arsenal wont go to £20m let alone £30m.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

Not surprised at all considering its this late in the window, no idea why people think we would accept 10-15m.

There is nothing to suggest we will sell easily like some seem to think.

I know, but people push the same line every time, that we'll sell as soon as we see a profit. It's bollocks, but for some reason it's the line.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 1m

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/16/23/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24597-1361075093-2.gif

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 20s

Pardew has always maintained any bid for Cabaye would have to "blow the doors off" #NUFC