Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Im more worried he tries to get himself sent off. He's that petulant I wouldn't put it past him.

Eh? Maybe I'm missing something, but how would that help him?

1: It means he's banned for the next 3 games so he might as well not be there over the short term

2: It shows we can't rely on him if we wanted to keep him

3: It'll all but end his career at NUFC, forcing us to sell him

Its like handing in a transfer request but keeping your 10%.

I do get those points, but surely they are mooted for his reasons for playing?

• He didn't want to play because he wants to move.
  • Nobody puts in a reasonable bid.
  • Dropped by France so wants to play again.

If he's banned for 3 games that will put off a buyer a tiny bit as he will have to miss games where he goes, but more so he can't catch the eye of the French National coach, which is the reason for playing?

Not that this really matters I suppose. I just hope he stays and plays well for us.

If he forces through a move to Arsenal he plays for the rest of the season at a bigger club in the CL which he wont be banned for and he'll easily get his place back depending on him performing. If he moves to France the ban doesn't exist.

If it gets the move put through then the buyer won't give a shit. arsenal were happy to buy Suarez with his ban.

A half arsed performance we can excuse, but if he deliberately gets sent off there is no way back, we'll be looking at lower offers more seriously.

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Im more worried he tries to get himself sent off. He's that petulant I wouldn't put it past him.

1: It means he's banned for the next 3 games so he might as well not be there over the short term

http://thatgifsite.com/gallery/d/737-2/grossed+out+confused.gif

He's on a three year contract though..

If we keep him he won't keep getting himself sent off though so its really a pointless effort.

It wouldn't, it would be a futile thing to do

At the end of the day he has to do well to get into the French squad for the world cup.  We know that, any silly attempt to force a move like that would be seen through for what it was and I really don't think Cabaye would believe otherwise.  We'll see, I think he'll maybe sulk a bit until the window closes and then his performances will improve.  That's unless a big enough offer comes in of course.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://i.imgur.com/lH5ExZq.gif

:lol:

He'll be away come January anyway so I'd rather we give Anita the time instead of bringing this sulky little c*** back into the team. 

Seems daft but it's just s*** how he can take the p*ss then swan back into the first team.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think he's been a knob tbh but I want him to stay.

I'm not too sure. The club are massive liars.

Has he refused to play or have they denied him?

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

Either way we will never really know the truth, history shows that the club are happy to lie so I would lean towards that version of events but baring in mind that unlike us there's nothing to say he has any emotional allegiance to the club then part of me can believe the other too.

The bigger picture is of course that once again we are going to be open to a shit slinging contest in the national press.

Very few first team players leave without a shitstorm being brewed up first - that has been a constant for years at NUFC. Still think Cabaye is a cunt though & not just because of this debacle.

We've no proof he's been a knob, we've plenty of Pardew quotes suggesting we want to cash in though.

We really haven't.

/on both counts.

There had been a few weak rumours about him getting transferred, it went quiet for a few weeks, Pardew starts going on about how he's desperate not to lose him.

Come on man.

Would be nice if he came out and told the truth after it settles down but football is a different beast now and agents have so much control we will probably find out fuck all now ,Pardew as we are to believe didnt speak to him directly but through his representatives and this is what it has become  :sad: