Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

This time last year everyone was praising the board for getting such great players for for such little amounts.... now everyone is shit :lol:

Pretty obvious what the problem is and isn't the board or the players.

Aye. It's the fans.

The club needs new fans.

Nothing at this club will change until Ashley and Llambias are out of the club for good.

I don't see how they can be blamed for this situation at all. We wanted stability, they gave the man an 8 year contract. We wanted them to invest, they chucked over £20m at players in January and acknowledged they dropped a bollock in the summer.

They appointed someone they knew as a friend as manager without a justifiable footballing reason for him to be appointed, I find that absolutely awful decision in general.  It's not just that, apathy has set in across the whole club and it's stemmed from the actions of Ashley, Llambias and Mort for the last 6 years both on and off the pitch.

The transfer policy has been good but it still doesn't deliver a balanced squad, we just have team the right individuals come available for cheap.  We have no balance to the squad and still have to rely on Shola which is criminal in my eyes and it's not fair on him as well.

Couldn't disagree more, particularly about the transfers. I certainly don't think we go out just looking to sign cheap individuals with little regard for the squad. This is the first time in many years we've had a policy which seems to be aimed towards building a team rather than just signing players almost on a whim and hoping it all clicks. Compare the processes we have in place now to what went on under Shepherd (signing Duff when we had N'Zogbia for example) and, well, there is no comparison.

The criticism of the way in which Pardew was appointed seems daft IMO, simply because it's based on conjecture. Everyone knew he only got the job because he owed Ashley money. That turned out to be complete bollocks. He may have been mates with Llambias, but I doubt that was the only reason he was appointed.

The board are the only stakeholder in this saga who are pretty much blameless if you ask me.

This time last year everyone was praising the board for getting such great players for for such little amounts.... now everyone is s*** :lol:

Pretty obvious what the problem is and isn't the board or the players.

Aye. It's the fans.

The club needs new fans.

:okay:

Guest neesy111

Nothing at this club will change until Ashley and Llambias are out of the club for good.

I don't see how they can be blamed for this situation at all. We wanted stability, they gave the man an 8 year contract. We wanted them to invest, they chucked over £20m at players in January and acknowledged they dropped a bollock in the summer.

They appointed someone they knew as a friend as manager without a justifiable footballing reason for him to be appointed, I find that absolutely awful decision in general.  It's not just that, apathy has set in across the whole club and it's stemmed from the actions of Ashley, Llambias and Mort for the last 6 years both on and off the pitch.

The transfer policy has been good but it still doesn't deliver a balanced squad, we just have team the right individuals come available for cheap.  We have no balance to the squad and still have to rely on Shola which is criminal in my eyes and it's not fair on him as well.

Couldn't disagree more, particularly about the transfers. I certainly don't think we go out just looking to sign cheap individuals with little regard for the squad. This is the first time in many years we've had a policy which seems to be aimed towards building a team rather than just signing players almost on a whim and hoping it all clicks. Compare the processes we have in place now to what went on under Shepherd (signing Duff when we had N'Zogbia for example) and, well, there is no comparison.

The criticism of the way in which Pardew was appointed seems daft IMO, simply because it's based on conjecture. Everyone knew he only got the job because he owed Ashley money. That turned out to be complete bollocks. He may have been mates with Llambias, but I doubt that was the only reason he was appointed.

The board are the only stakeholder in this saga who are pretty much blameless if you ask me.

Well the decision to appoint Pardew clearly seemed to be above a football decision considering the news of him signing a contract was known a month before he was actually appointed.  If it was a football decision, they would had binned Hughton asap imo.  That still wrangles with me badly as IMO it shows what an absolute pair of cunts Ashley and Llambias are.

They appointed Pardew, they are ultimately to blame for the mess his decisions have put us this season, just like Pardew is responsible for the performances of the team. 

Well the decision to appoint Pardew clearly seemed to be above a football decision considering the news of him signing a contract was known a month before he was actually appointed.  If it was a football decision, they would had binned Hughton asap imo.  That still wrangles with me badly as IMO it shows what an absolute pair of cunts Ashley and Llambias are.

They appointed Pardew, they are ultimately to blame for the mess his decisions have put us this season, just like Pardew is responsible for the performances of the team. 

The way they handled the Hughton sacking was classless, I'll agree with that.

Guest neesy111

The way they handled the Hughton sacking was classless, I'll agree with that.

It all comes down who you think the chain of command lies for what happens on the pitch, for me it's at the top while for some it's for the manager.  Someone has to be accountable to what the shambles that is happening at the moment and the club needs decisive leadership to keep us up.

:lol:

We've got one goalscorer in the entire squad, Mole. Of course the problem goes beyond the manager.

We did have Remy lined up to come in January before QPR threw stupid money at him. Now he's rumoured to be off to Liverpool in the summer so as a club we have been targetting some very good players. Not much we could have done much differently about getting him over the line either, you can't account for other club's desperation.

We've got one goalscorer in the entire squad, Mole. Of course the problem goes beyond the manager.

We did have Remy lined up to come in January before QPR threw stupid money at him. Now he's rumoured to be off to Liverpool in the summer so as a club we have been targetting some very good players. Not much we could have done much differently about getting him over the line either, you can't account for other club's desperation.

Suarez, Remy and Sturridge front 3

:jones:

I assume Suarez will move on though if true

Suarez, Remy and Sturridge front 3

:jones:

I assume Suarez will move on though if true

No tackle.

Didnt we say the same about Fat Fred.

Only Newcastle United could be taken over by a rich owner who gets rid of Shepherd and then fnd that the new owner is going to screw them as well by appointing a CEO who is worse than Fat Fred.

There was one moment today when he lost the ball and just instantly gave up. Thought that was horrendous, he's not been himself lately at all.

He's been poor for at least half the season.

Been very unimpressed with him last few weeks to be honest. No heart for the battle and doesn't seem to give a shit. Combine that with the fact he's also playing awful.

He's blatantly off in the summer and he's performing like it.

Guest reefatoon

For all the stick Tiote gets. this muppet has been just as bad. Our central midfield is fucking shit with these two in it. I think he should be getting just as much stick as Tiote if not more, as he is supposed to be the guy that makes things tick for us and he doesn't. shite.

Disappointing given his clear talent and passion for the game. Something certainly not right with him, being constantly deployed in the wrong position and role won't have helped.

Certainly not been captain worthy and like Ronaldo said has been poor for a good majority of the season.

It's blatantly clear he's lost all faith in Pardew. After all, he has actually been lied to about our style of play.

Still a key player in my books despite his below-par performances recently.

Our central midfield is f***ing s*** with these two in it.

Been saying that for ages. They just don't function together at all.

Except for the first three months and last three months of last season they did. It's all Pards man.