Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If we didn't just concentrate on contract clauses and showed some ambition we could sign another two or three players of his level and really be a half decent team this year.

FYP.

:pow:

Guest carlie

Canny stat the commentator mentioned that apparently Cabaye had checked his own performance figures and had covered twice as much ground in the Arsenal game as he would in an average Lille match - once he gets fully up to the pace of the Prem he's going to be fantastic.

I heard those commentators too. Is it just me, or was one of them massively negative towards Newcastle most of the time? Mind you, I haven't listened to them before.

He's an edgy little bastard like, 2 games in a row he's squared up to some fucker :lol:

He looks as though he can pretty much do everything in the centre though, just an alround class player with a wand of a right foot. Sexy bassa.

been saying to people for the last week that although he looks small i bet he's an absolute cunt to play against, tough in the tackle, quick to close you down and you know that if he nicks it off you he's gonna find a team mate with it. he should also get a special mention for applauding the fans every time he takes a corner, he obviously is really making an effort to be part of the family. i love him.

of course it wouldnt be right if we were to have two outstanding cm's, so tiote's done his part and summoned the spirit of amdy faye for the first few games.

Guest ykmkmdd

Canny stat the commentator mentioned that apparently Cabaye had checked his own performance figures and had covered twice as much ground in the Arsenal game as he would in an average Lille match - once he gets fully up to the pace of the Prem he's going to be fantastic.

I heard those commentators too. Is it just me, or was one of them massively negative towards Newcastle most of the time? Mind you, I haven't listened to them before.

Aye - not sure who the co-commentator was but he fucking hates the toon :lol:

Aye - not sure who the co-commentator was but he f***ing hates the toon :lol:

You must mean Garry 'Get the ball in the box' Birtles. He's the forum's new cult figure.

If we didn't just concentrate on contract clauses and showed some ambition we could sign another two or three players of his level and really be a half decent team this year.

FYP.

:pow:

Also very true :lol:

It's still early days but I can't remember when I have been so convinced a player from another league would be a success for us.

He just seems to have too many qualities to fail adapting to this league.

Say what you want about fat cunt Ashley (no seriously, say what you want) but we have managed to sign some fantastic players in a time when transfer fees are utterly ludicrous for complete bargains. Even Leon Best has more than paid back his fee already.

It's still early days but I can't remember when I have been so convinced a player from another league would be a success for us.

Say what you want about fat c*** Ashley (no seriously, say what you want) but we have managed to sign some fantastic players in a time when transfer fees are utterly ludicrous for complete bargains. Even Leon Best has more than paid back his fee already.

Aye :thup:

Say what you want about fat c*** Ashley (no seriously, say what you want) but we have managed to sign some fantastic players in a time when transfer fees are utterly ludicrous for complete bargains. Even Leon Best has more than paid back his fee already.

Aye :thup:

At the time I was amazed he didn't go to Arsenal as a Cesc-replacement, I'm even more amazed now after seeing him in the shirt.

He's an edgy little b****** like, 2 games in a row he's squared up to some f***er :lol:

He looks as though he can pretty much do everything in the centre though, just an alround class player with a wand of a right foot. Sexy bassa.

been saying to people for the last week that although he looks small i bet he's an absolute c*** to play against, tough in the tackle, quick to close you down and you know that if he nicks it off you he's gonna find a team mate with it. he should also get a special mention for applauding the fans every time he takes a corner, he obviously is really making an effort to be part of the family. i love him.

of course it wouldnt be right if we were to have two outstanding cm's, so tiote's done his part and summoned the spirit of amdy faye for the first few games.

:lol: :lol:

Mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but apparently he's a properly down to earth, straight-up bloke. The lad who sold him his house was syaing he's dead settled and loves the area. What a legend, the fact he looks like a proper footballer just makes it even better.

tiotes been absolutely shit to be honest

Yep, looks way off the pace.  Gets caught in possession repeatedly, which is in stark contrast to last year when you couldn't get the ball off him.  Hopefully it's been spotted and they're working on it, I think we're past the point where we can blame his naff pre-season.  He's such an important player for us that we need him bang on form in the games he's available.

tiotes been absolutely s*** to be honest

Yep, looks way off the pace.  Gets caught in possession repeatedly, which is in stark contrast to last year when you couldn't get the ball off him.  Hopefully it's been spotted and they're working on it, I think we're past the point where we can blame his naff pre-season.  He's such an important player for us that we need him on form in the games he's available.

I know this is getting chucked about every other post regarding Cheik, but isn't he fasting for Ramadan?  Certainly isn't his usual self and I don't get how he can go from being so class to so naff.