Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Would much rather have spent £6 million on Craig Gardner like.

I've not seen a single Sunderland fan hailing Gardner as 'world class'. Nobody does delusion quite like Newcastle supporters, I did try and warn you's early in this thread.

I have, i've seen loads. I saw a bloke running down the street earlier shouting "Gardner is better than Messi" with his willy out.

EVERY mackem i've ever spoken too believes John O'Shea would slot comfortably into the centre of Barcelona's defence too.

You delusional set of mongoloid bastards.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cabaye must wonder what the hell he's done at the minute coming here.

Tiotes gone to ruin, the strikers have no movement and the wingers do virtually nowt with the ball when they get it.

Poor lad.

A diamond in the rough at NUFC.

Cabaye must wonder what the hell he's done at the minute coming here.

Tiotes gone to ruin, the strikers have no movement and the wingers do virtually nowt with the ball when they get it.

Poor lad.

A diamond in the rough at NUFC.

Yup. What we seem badly missing is a leader of sorts out there in the middle. Someone to shout, moan, cuddle, praise and spur the rest on. Dont know if that was part of Cabayes game in France or how his English is coming along, but someone needs to step up and take the role on.

Guest mimifrench

Just don't forget he only played 4 matches for your team...

He will improve quickly and who knows, maybe he'll become your captain soon.

Seriously, i think that if you stop throwing useless balls to your forwards and then playing more "in feet", it would better for him and it'll allow him to create something in the middle.

Seriously, i think that if you stop throwing useless balls to your forwards and then playing more "in feet", it would better for him and it'll allow him to create something in the middle.

:thup: we're all in agreement mimi. clearly a talented player, but we're not playing to his strengths at all.

Was he much of a vocal leader at lille?

Guest mimifrench

:thup: we're all in agreement mimi. clearly a talented player, but we're not playing to his strengths at all.

Was he much of a vocal leader at lille?

In Lille, he was more a tecnical leader on the pitch (the captain was Rio Mavuba). But of course i was respected and listened by his team-mates.

Don't think he could be a vocal leader right now for NUFC mainly because he just arrived and seemed a little shy but undoubtedly in the future, you'll have to rely on him.

Cabaye seen with his mates at the Lille training ground this morning, apparently. What's going on there then? ???

Has quit us and gone back to Lille.  Damn.

I just saw something on Twatter Twitter about it a few mins ago. :nods:

Guest icemanblue

Cabaye seen with his mates at the Lille training ground this morning, apparently. What's going on there then? ???

From the little information available to me, I reckon he's at Lille's training ground. It may also be the case that he has his mates with him.

From the little information available to me, I reckon he's at Lille's training ground. It may also be the case that he has his mates with him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

his passing wasn't all that greate last night, but runs tirelessly in midfield. Long time since we had 2 midfielders able to run. Hope this midfield comes to frution, and Ben Arfa and Cabaye get a good linking partnership. We should be able to pass the ball more around in a bigger pitch. But once I saw there was 3, literally 4 in their midfield area I knew it would be a struggle. Especially with the thight pitch they are operating with down there.

Guest Dontooner

Couldn't fault cabaye last night, virtually asking too much from him carrying a whole team of headless chickens. He is the only player left with a footballing brain on the pitch last night(apart from colo) before that we still had barton with him. What we need now is Marv, Ben and Santon to be fit and ready to start. They will fill in blanks and get the team playing football.

Disappointed with the lack of a football system or style......even QPR played much better football with a system in place.

Honestly speaking ever since Bobby left...only other manager who had a game plan that translates on the field was Souness....

Honestly speaking ever since Bobby left...only other manager who had a game plan that translates on the field was Souness....

What gameplan was that then?  Play like a bunch of strangers?  His tactics and management style was bloody awful.