Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He has rightly been charged, he kicked at the player, although I don't think for a moment he was aiming for his face and tbf to Cabaye he should have been awarded a free kick for what was a blatant foul. Still I would have hoped he could have kept his cool, as a result we will most likely miss him for 3 games

BUT no doubt the system is a bloody joke, what Cabaye did was no worse than Lescott or Crouch, yet they got away with it

Thought Cabaye deserved it, but the inconsistency in the game is ludicrous. Is it just me or has this season seen never-before-seen levels of inconsistency in terms of refereeing decisions? Becoming a disgrace really.

I don't really think the failure of the FA to fairly apply the law excuses this, as frustrating as it is. The punishment is not as severe as a court of law and as such the burden of proof required to punish is lower than needing to be absolutely certain, and this seems bad, if possible accident. We're going to struggle next few games.

The real problem is the total lack of transparency regarding the issue. These are big decisions and fans should be told, among other things:

a) who are the people making these decisions?

b) do any of them have a vested interest in certain clubs/players?

c) what processes do they go through to find these incidents and is it simply what it appears to be, simply watching whatever the main broadcasters have picked up on over that weekend?

The FA were really good with the Suarez issue, coming out with that massive report, they should at least attempt the same levels of transparency with other disciplinary matters. Some of the decisions simply defy logic and this "the ref saw it so we can't do nuffin'" rule needs to be looked at because it is making the process a farce - the Rooney elbow being the most ridiculous example.

The real problem is the total lack of transparency regarding the issue. These are big decisions and fans should be told, among other things:

a) who are the people making these decisions?

b) do any of them have a vested interest in certain clubs/players?

c) what processes do they go through to find these incidents and is it simply what it appears to be, simply watching whatever the main broadcasters have picked up on over that weekend?

The FA were really good with the Suarez issue, coming out with that massive report, they should at least attempt the same levels of transparency with other disciplinary matters. Some of the decisions simply defy logic and this "the ref saw it so we can't do nuffin'" rule needs to be looked at because it is making the process a farce - the Rooney elbow being the most ridiculous example.

Be nice for NUFC to take a video of the 'penalty' decision the ref fucked up on.

I have seem the tackle over and over again and if this leads to a 3 match suspension, we will certainly have a lot more suspensions in the coming years. This is a contact sport for God sake, it is not basketball.

What a joke !

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lescott was way worse, he nearly broke the bloke's jaw. And Crouch's was as premeditated as you can get.

This is what annoys me (and others) - no consistency with the rulings. Think we all saw Cabaye's banning coming (and rightly so), but where are the other bans for the incidents above? 'Stars' get away with a lot.

He deserves this charge, but the system is stupid.

Either we're using video replays to charge people or we aren't. What difference should it make whether the ref "saw" an incident (and decided it was fine BTW) or he didn't see it at all?

because the lie the whole system is built on is that the ref CANNOT be wrong, ever.

Having only just seen it, think it's extremely harsh. A yellow would have been enough, had the ref seen it, don't think it's a red or warrants a three game ban.

I'm not 100% sure how it works but don't the FA wait for the refs report and then ask the ref what they would have done had they seen the incident?

He deserves this charge, but the system is stupid.

Either we're using video replays to charge people or we aren't. What difference should it make whether the ref "saw" an incident (and decided it was fine BTW) or he didn't see it at all?

because the lie the whole system is built on is that the ref CANNOT be wrong, ever.

Yeah, I can sort of understand that they don't want to undermine referees, but if they're going to review incidents on video they have to do it across the board to make it fair.