Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I wouldn't mind if the club acted like childish prick over this and in our next press conference do a Kenny and highlight all the un-punished incidents this season.

The only thing it would be a bit cringeworthy but at least it would highlight the inconsistency of the FA and the officials.

I keep on harping on about it but how come nobody has challenged Webb on the Lescott decision? The FA do not charge Lescott as the referee said if he had seen it he wouldn't have reacted any differently. Surely any mug can see that Lescott did Kaboul so why aren't the FA questioning Webb's judgement.

I wouldn't mind if the club acted like childish prick over this and in our next press conference do a Kenny and highlight all the un-punished incidents this season.

The only thing it would be a bit cringeworthy but at least it would highlight the inconsistency of the FA and the officials.

I keep on harping on about it but how come nobody has challenged Webb on the Lescott decision? The FA do not charge Lescott as the referee said if he had seen it he wouldn't have reacted any differently. Surely any mug can see that Lescott did Kaboul so why aren't the FA questioning Webb's judgement.

We're not KKKenny though. The club will probably be fined millions of pounds and threatened to be kicked out of the PL for daring to bring the game into 'disrepute' or some bullshit. :lol:

It's a very fair point to bring up, though. It's quite clear that it's whatever the FA gets brought to their attention by the media. And it's a joke that it works like that.

I don't agree one bit with 'no intentional' or any of that shit. He kicked out in anger, if he gets caught he gets caught. I think it's plain to see Cabaye has a bit of a streak in him, I'm not surprised one bit to see it. Not saying he's a dirty player as such, but he clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and dives in a bit over-zealous at times, reacts like he has here without thinking it through properly.

But who exactly is it choosing who gets retrospectively punished? You either go through footage from all games or you don't. Just because one has been publicised more you punish it? It just makes them look like even more of a fucking joke of an 'association'.

Does anyone think the Scousers making a big thing about the 50-50 in their game with Cabaye set the stage for this? Jamie Redknapp and Joe Cole as pundits were all over it.

Cabaye is a bit tasty, as was clear as early as the Mackems game, but its only really the Scousers that have been going on and on about it. They'd be better off telling Glen Johnson to stop flying in two footed.

Guest johnson293

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Pardew confirming that Mariappa is only target. Furious with Ray Stubbs at ESPN over Cabaye coverage #nufc

:knuppel2:

Guest ykmkmdd

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

A 'livid' Pardew also launched passionate defence of Cabaye over FA violent conduct charge. Has backing of El-Abd, as well. #nufc #bhafc

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

A 'livid' Pardew also launched passionate defence of Cabaye over FA violent conduct charge. Has backing of El-Abd, as well. #nufc #bhafc

is el abd the brighton player?

Don't get it, El-Abd whinged like a bitch at the time and the to the press afterwards, was keen to show off his shaving cut to the ref.  Now he's supposedly backing Cabaye, but Brighton/El-Abd won't make a personal defence. 

Confused.

don't want to tempt fate but as its almost 6pm on Monday i think if he was gettng done we'd have heard by now.

I blame this guy.

i blame myself as well!!  4 bloody minutes after i wrote that he gets done!!

Don't get it, El-Abd whinged like a bitch at the time and the to the press afterwards, was keen to show off his shaving cut to the ref.  Now he's supposedly backing Cabaye, but Brighton/El-Abd won't make a personal defence. 

Confused.

Probably wanted something done during the game to help Brighton and now that it's all over he doesn't really care :lol:

Guest neesy111

Aye, probably.  Just strange he made a meal of it to the press afterwards as well.

TBH, Cabaye was stupid and he deserves the ban.  But if Brighton want to support us and get the appeal overturned then that's fine by me  :lol:

He deserves a ban, but 3 matches is too harsh.  This is my problem all violent conducts usually are straight 3 matches without taking any context of what the incident was.

NEWCASTLE United will contest Yohan Cabaye’s Football Association charge - with the backing of Brighton and Hove Albion defender Adam El-Abd.

The midfielder was yesterday charged with violent conduct over an incident which left El-Abd with a cut lip.

If the charge is proven, Cabaye will be suspended for three games.

However, Pardew’s adamant that his stray kick in Saturday’s FA Cup defeat at the Amex Stadium was accidental.

Asked about the FA charge, which was highlighted by broadcaster ESPN, Pardew today said: “I’m absolutely livid about that, if I’m honest.

“After the game someone asked me about the TV coverage, and especially presenter Ray Stubbs.

“(Cabaye) tried to stop the boy from falling on him.

“Yesterday we had a call from Brighton’s coaching team suggesting the player want to support our player.

“We’ve sent a strong letter (to the FA), and we asked the Brighton player if they would forward a letter to us, which they kindly did.

“I really think they need to take a deep breath on this one.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle_star_will_fight_trial_by_tv_ban_with_brighton_s_help_1_4197700

The plot thickens!

Have we actually confirmed we're appealing it then?

Guest neesy111

NEWCASTLE United will contest Yohan Cabaye’s Football Association charge - with the backing of Brighton and Hove Albion defender Adam El-Abd.

The midfielder was yesterday charged with violent conduct over an incident which left El-Abd with a cut lip.

However, Pardew’s adamant that his stray kick in Saturday’s FA Cup defeat at the Amex Stadium was accidental.

Asked about the FA charge, which was highlighted by broadcaster ESPN, Pardew today said: “I’m absolutely livid about that, if I’m honest.

“After the game someone asked me about the TV coverage, and especially presenter Ray Stubbs.

“Yesterday we had a call from Brighton’s coaching team suggesting the player want to support our player.

“We’ve sent a strong letter (to the FA), and we asked the Brighton player if they would forward a letter to us, which they kindly did.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle_star_will_fight_trial_by_tv_ban_with_brighton_s_help_1_4197700

The plot thickens!

Pards said we are in his presser.

The plot thickens!

Interesting. Though can't see the appeal being successful, Cabaye lashed out at him which is a no no.

The plot thickens!

Interesting. Though can't see the appeal being successful, Cabaye lashed out at him which is a no no.

they'll try the line of "pushed his legs out to protect himself with the other player about to fall on him"

Guest bimpy474

The gays down there will be getting excited if it's Tav.

I'd rather the gays up North would, if i have to watch another Simpson blunderbluss performance i'll go mental.

I know Tav young but ffs he cant do any worse than Englands next right back, in simmo mind anyhoo.

If Brighton want Tavernier on loan, I'm more than happy for him to go there. As long as he plays RB though! He can then come back to us in the summer and will hopefully be in a position to compete with Simpson for a first team place.