Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He played Great and probably passed the ball more in 90 mins than he has for last 2 months for us ffs, i dont understand why we cant play a better form of football and still get the same results......

Anyways someone who impressed me more was Nasri, which after Dzeko's performance against Brazil last night which also impressed where both looked alot more energetic than usual.

It got to me to thinking, do they perform for thier countries because they are not getting paid the 200k like they are for City?

Because that was easily the best performance from Nasri since he left Arsenal, Coincedence? i dont think so.

He's just done a podcast on RMC.fr with Luis Fernandez...

Just had a quick listen. Cabaye doesn't say anything about us (wasn't really asked NUFC-specific questions) - he was asked questions about France's game against Germany (which was last night) and Euro 2012.

On a final note, he was asked about Ben Arfa - the question essentially being whether or not Hatem could make the French squad this summer (nothing was asked about the situation regarding HBA's lack of playing time/Pardew and all that). Yohan answered by pretty much saying he wasn't too sure about that but he did mention that Ben Arfa would be able fit into the French team without any bother as such because Hatem is "an extraordinary player who can make a difference with his movement, acceleration and shooting."

Guest firetotheworks

Even when he plays poorly I love him, you can just feel his quality. The last player to cast that kind of backwards brainwashing over me was Ginola.

Even when he plays poorly I love him, you can just feel his quality. The last player to cast that kind of backwards brainwashing over me was Ginola.

His first touch man  :drool:

Guest BooBoo

Really need a big game from him on Sunday. For me, he needs to be more influential. Too many times, games seem to almost pass him by. He ran the show down at Villa and it's a bit frustrating that we've not seen such a dominant performance from him since.

if he's on form on Sunda he will terrorise Rattermole and which ever other tripe they have in Red & Shite. He is a bet is Yohan - I know this because he's my top scorer on FIFA.

Guest VaVaVoom

Really need a big game from him on Sunday. For me, he needs to be more influential. Too many times, games seem to almost pass him by. He ran the show down at Villa and it's a bit frustrating that we've not seen such a dominant performance from him since.

In large i think he has been poor in the last 5 games he has played for us. Mainly down to AP's use of him though.

With Tiote back it should enable him to have more freedom and play a more expansive attacking/creative game that we all know he can and what we want to see.

Needs to see more of the ball. Hard to impose himself on the game when it's being launched straight over the top of him most of the time.

Tsk Tsk...You'll be branded a negative doom merchant. :lol:

Needs to see more of the ball. Hard to impose himself on the game when it's being launched straight over the top of him most of the time.

Double edged sword though as when he does get it he's still faced a largely static team so he can't really impose himself. Hence this breeding the long ball tactics.

Guest andrew

Another technically gifted player being wasted by alan.  :D

Think it is fair to say he needs a 3 man midfield next year. Box to box or a proper deep playmaker and let him push up. I'd like to see him play far forward like he did at the Mackems away again. Gosling is our only box to box at the moment, could have tried it in the cups :D

I expect us to have a lot of possession of the ball as I think Sunderland will sit deep and look to hit us on the counter. He's a cracking little player imo and needs to be as involved as possible if we're going to make the most of him. He's our little Napoleon. :) 

I expect us to have a lot of possession of the ball as I think Sunderland will sit deep and look to hit us on the counter. He's a cracking little player imo and needs to be as involved as possible if we're going to make the most of him. He's our little Napoleon. :) 

That much is true, they can't play any other way.

Needs to be given a bit of freedom to go up the park and knock it around a bit.

Simply put. He's a much better player if he's allowed to push up. So I say, let Tiote do all the defensive work (and Cheik does have the ability to do that all by himself anyway) and let Cabaye do all the attacking from CM. It really is as simple as that.