Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He's been well below his best this season but, by fuck, do we miss him.

Yep, aside from his creativity and passing ability, his all-around workrate is very important to the team. You've got to assume that if just running about was causing him pain every week then it's a reasonable excuse for his below-par performances.

Positive reading that. Really sounds like he'll be back sooner rather than later and we fucking do need him back in the team as soon as possible. We really are devoid of creativity in the middle. Anita's been doing a good job in trying to be our main creative outlet but that's not his game really.

He's been well below his best this season but, by f***, do we miss him.

Yep, aside from his creativity and passing ability, his all-around workrate is very important to the team. You've got to assume that if just running about was causing him pain every week then it's a reasonable excuse for his below-par performances.

You write this within half an hour of taking the piss out of Pardew for suggesting Cisse's lack of goals may be related to Ben Arfa and Cabaye missing due to injury. Well done for consistency. :clap:

You write this within half an hour of taking the piss out of Pardew for suggesting Cisse's lack of goals may be related to Ben Arfa and Cabaye missing due to injury. Well done for consistency. :clap:

....and a Happy New Year.

Guest bimpy474

Instead of Tiote chasing all over place, i still dont understand why in a central three he can't be instructed to stay in front of the back four......get it and give it.

:lol:

Cabaye out = Cisse on the wing. Seems so logical now you mention it.

You write this within half an hour of taking the p*ss out of Pardew for suggesting Cisse's lack of goals may be related to Ben Arfa and Cabaye missing due to injury. Well done for consistency. :clap:

:lol:

Ben Arfa out + 442 not working + Ba the only striker scoring= Cisse on the wing or out of the first team. Seems so logical now you mention it.

FYP

Aye, whatever. You're going off on a tangent. None of that has anything to do with me laughing at Pardew's nonsense.

I'm going off on a tangent by pointing out the inconsistency in two things you have written within half an hour of each other, yet you have the cheek to pull people up on defending our last transfer window (as you called it) a few months ago, whilst not singularly criticising Pardew for our current rut now?

So I can't laugh at Pardew neglecting to mention that he's been asking Cisse to play on the wing because I happen to acknowledge that Cabaye is one of our best players? Okay. Must remember never to have different opinions on different things, or change said opinions.

FWIW I agreed with a lot of what you had to say about Cisse and many of the players not being up to scratch in the other thread. But then again how can that be if I also criticise Pardew for playing negative football? :dontknow: