Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

you honestly think wonga was the best we could have got?

or our kit supply through puma being of the highest quality production and best design possible?

if it's not ineptitude or laziness then they're purposefully going out of their way to avoid increased revenue surely

you honestly think wonga was the best we could have got?

or our kit supply through puma being of the highest quality production and best design possible?

if it's not ineptitude or laziness then they're purposefully going out of their way to avoid increased revenue surely

I believe that Wonga was the best deal on the table, yes. Why wouldn't it be?

The Puma stuff doesn't really seem that relevant to me. The kits are shit, but that's Puma's doing not NUFC. Their gear's been chat for a while.

well if there's nowt you like on the table, look for a different table then...granted i don't know they weren't scouring the world for an international sponsor who might want to get their on PL TV games shown to millions but i think it's a fairly safe assumption

also the point on puma is surely the club don't have to be passive, if they're being provided shit quality shirts and shit designs (which they are) they should do something about it to maximise sales if nothing else

well if there's nowt you like on the table, look for a different table then...granted i don't know they weren't scouring the world for an international sponsor who might want to get their on PL TV games shown to millions but i think it's a fairly safe assumption

also the point on puma is surely the club don't have to be passive, if they're being provided shit quality shirts and shit designs (which they are) they should do something about it to maximise sales if nothing else

That's just supposition. All we know is that Wonga offered us a better deal than Virgin so we cancelled our agreement with them a year early. The brand may be cheap, but the cash on offer is more than what went before.

Re: the shirts the solution is simple - don't buy them if you don't like them. Money talks. If Puma's designs are that offensive on the eyes that fans stop shelling out the club will begin to ask questions.

i honestly don't know where you're coming from man, we're both speculating, you're not stating any more facts than me

again on shirts, the point is being sidestepped which is that better designs and quality production might actually sell more ffs

Back to topic, I really don't see anyone offering +20M for Cabaye. I really rate him as a player, he's one of our best and one of my favorites - I just don't think he's going to command a fee that is going to make our board want to sell him ala Big Andy. Personally, I hope he gets a really good time off with his family on holiday and comes back reenergized, fit, and ready to show the player he was. He hasn't been himself for quite some time.

Back to topic, I really don't see anyone offering +20M for Cabaye. I really rate him as a player, he's one of our best and one of my favorites - I just don't think he's going to command a fee that is going to make our board want to sell him ala Big Andy. Personally, I hope he gets a really good time off with his family on holiday and comes back reenergized, fit, and ready to show the player he was. He hasn't been himself for quite some time.

Agreed, by far the most likely thing is that he starts the season with us.

:celb:

he wont command a big transfer fee. infact i will be very surprised if he hasn't got a release clause.

that is how we managed to get him for such a small fee, he demanded a release clause from his former club, he probably did as well from us,  that may had swayed his overall decision to sign a contract with us.  lets not be silly and think carr and nufc was the only ones interested and aware of his existence and availability.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8772023/

Massadio Haidara hopes Yohan Cabaye will remain at Newcastle

Newcastle defender Massadio Haidara has urged Yohan Cabaye to stay at the club after the Frenchman hinted at a summer move.

Cabaye's impressive displays helped Newcastle pull away from the drop-zone last season, but there are question marks about his future at St James' Park after he expressed interest in a move to Manchester United.

Newcastle rejected an enquiry from Tottenham about Cabaye last summer, while Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain are also thought to be keen to lure him back to his home country.

But Haidara hopes Cabaye will stay on Tyneside as he admits his compatriot helped him find his feet in the Premier League.

"Of course I want Yohan to remain at Newcastle United this summer," he told The Journal.

"He's a really important player for the club and for the team. He's a great player and has certainly shown how important he is for Newcastle and for the French national team too.

"From a personal point of view I didn't really know Yohan that well before I came to Newcastle - I had played against him before and he's one of the players who gave me the warmest welcome and I'd like to express my thanks to him for that.

"He really helped me to settle and I get on very well with him - just like I do for the rest of the team."

Reports suggested a rift developed between the French players and the rest of the Newcastle squad last season, but Haidara dismissed these claims.

He said: "Obviously when some things aren't going well people will look to create extra problems where they don't exist.

"In my experience since I've been here I haven't seen a single problem - not among the French players, not among anyone. Quite the contrary, we all speak together."

He said: "Obviously when some things aren't going well people will look to create extra problems where they don't exist.

"In my experience since I've been here I haven't seen a single problem - not among the French players, not among anyone. Quite the contrary, we all speak together."

:thup:

Hmm. Never a good sign when club officials start opening chatting about your players. :hmm:

It was only a matter of time, PSG will get involved if Monaco drag their heels on this one but with the speed they operate at we could see him gone in days if they really want him.