Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

The worst scenario (which may happen) is we get the cash for Cabaye, say £20 million and fanny about until the end of the transfer window and end up playing Gosling. I suppose it is better he goes now so we can have time to spend it (after Pardew et al return from their holidays at the end of the month of course).

As it stands we still have Anita, Sissoko, Tiote, Marveaux, Bigirimana & Perch to choose from. I'd hope there's a quality player in to replace Cabaye to add to that.

Guest bimpy474

As much as i hate Pardew, and everyone knows i do. I don't really think it would have mattered who was our manager. As soon as Monaco flashed the cash we were done.

As much as i hate Pardew, and everyone knows i do. I don't really think it would have mattered who was our manager. As soon as Monaco flashed the cash we were done.

Yes but how much cash have they flashed?

If we thought something would come of it fair enough but I'm not confident in the slightest.

Not sure why some seem so sure we'll get silly money. Certainly won't be as high as £15m IMO.

When you consider £12m would be treble what we paid, I doubt it'll anything like £20m/over.

"We're one of those clubs where we're liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player," Pardew told the Gazette.

"You can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay.

"Having said that, it's going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it's a serious or big bid."

That was a few weeks ago but it's not that startling as he's been saying that shit since day 1. He'll be fucking delighted about this the cunt.

Double whammy for "Pards" - not only does this go to the head of his list of excuses for next season but also means the club is substantially less likely to finish in the top six, something he admits he doesn't want to happen. He'll be cracking open the champagne tonight, just like he was every time we lost in the month leading up to Chris Hughton being sacked as he'd already agreed his contract.

Fucking snake very much has NUFC's worst interests at heart.

Guest bimpy474

If we thought something would come of it fair enough but I'm not confident in the slightest.

Aye that's the thing. If we knew we would be spending the money then we would all be calmer. We know feck all as usual.

Not sure why some seem so sure we'll get silly money. Certainly won't be as high as £15m IMO.

Because he has a few years left to run, the only other time Ashley we sold a key player with a few years left to run with no clauses he went for 35m.

Not to mention Monaco are lunatics i would be shocked if it was below 20m.

Guest bimpy474

Says a lot about his footballing ambitions that he's went to Monaco.

So Yohan, what made you want to play in front of 11,000 disinterested fans in a Russian-billionaire owned tax haven?

I'm sure the £100,000 a week tax free will help like :(

But teams dont bid based on how much their last fee was, they bid on how much they think he's worth. He's French, with lots of hype and they dont care about money. I dont think we can apply normal rules to Monaco right now.

Aye. £20mil is dreamland. Maybe something like €15.

Think we'll get more than twelve quid like.

Not to say this is right but Monaco have been buying players from Champions League teams, not sure why people think we could have held out.

I'm not sure what other clubs do regarding selling players to Monaco has to do with us.

What makes you skeptical? Moutinho went for ~£21m and he's just a shade younger than Cabaye.

Guest bimpy474

But teams dont bid based on how much their last fee was, they bid on how much they think he's worth. He's French, with lots of hype and they dont care about money. I dont think we can apply normal rules to Monaco right now.

Yep bit like Man City and Lescott £27m, Milner £24m etc, rough figures like but...

I'm guessing the reason Monaco have went for Cabaye is because of his price, obviously they have a load of cash but they won't be spending £25m on each player.

They certainly could bring in a higher profile and younger player than Cabaye, as much as I love the bloke.