Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I might be in a minority here who thinks if we get £15m for him then I won't argue. I like Cabaye a lot but Pardew is going nowhere unfortunately and we've witnessed with our own eyes that Pardew doesn't seem to know how to use Cabaye in our team. He will be no major loss while Pardew is manager, which is depressing in a way but he will never be utilised to his strengths in a Pardew team. With a better manager he would be a great player, but we don't have a great manager.

Not sure why some seem so sure we'll get silly money. Certainly won't be as high as £15m IMO.

What makes you skeptical? Moutinho went for ~£21m and he's just a shade younger than Cabaye.

Moutinho is also a class above Cabaye as well to be fair, and on the back of a good season. Perhaps if the deal was done last summer we might have got daft money but I really can't see anything outlandish at this point.

I'm still a bit gutted to see him go mind, but unfortunately we were never going to see the best of him regularly in the system and style Pardew has us operating under.

Not sure why some seem so sure we'll get silly money. Certainly won't be as high as £15m IMO.

What makes you skeptical? Moutinho went for ~£21m and he's just a shade younger than Cabaye.

Moutinho's team won the league.

Porto wins the league almost every year though. :lol:

So they're in a much stronger negotiating position than we are.

A team that has already dropped, what, £100mil on 3 players this summer probably isn't much for negotiating. More like a "name your price" kinda club.

We'll see I guess. I can't think Ashley would let Cabaye go for anything less than what he deemed his max value is. And it's helpful that Cabaye's name has been floated around in connection with other clubs too. Ashley's many bad things, but he's a shrewd businessman.

Wasn't the Moutinho fee split with Rodriquez (just to fuck over Sporting) or something? Porto always get way more than they should.

Yeah it was £60mil for the pair (Rodriguez for £39, Moutinho for £21) plus whatever small fortune in potash blood cash it took to get Falcao.

Pisses me off that we always sell the player before we buy the replacement.

Teams will obviously know we have money now so it's gonna be much harder to do a deal in the fat man's price range.

What odds this money goes on Carroll and we see a 4-4-2 next season by the way. Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, Bigirimana for two slots, Carroll & Cisse up front.

What depressing midfield 'options'. Not one creative bone at all.

Touched on it a while back, but two of our best performances under Hughton in the Premier League were 4-4-2 with Barton & Smith/Tiote in the centre, Routledge on the wing, HBA/Jonas on the other, and Nolan pretty much a centre-forward with Carroll. I think we could do ok with two of those central, HBA on one wing, a new winger, and Carroll with Cisse up front.

All well and good if we had quality wingers to supply our attacks but we don't. We have one striker, one injury prone winger who more than likely will miss half the season and a bunch of runners/extra central defenders in midfield.

We're only a winger and Carroll short of that imo.

Hughton's team was built on being able to hit Carroll early from defence and from out wide with Barton and Enrique as well as Nolan to run beyond and pick up the flick ons. We have literally nothing resembling any of that in our squad now.

If he's gone, then he's a little fucking cunt. If he's gone, the powers that be have reaffirmed their status as cunts. They're all fucking cunts.

To those that weren't born in Newcastle and have no family ties to the club. Why on earth do you put yourselves through this shit? :lol:

If he's gone, then he's a little fucking cunt. If he's gone, the powers that be have reaffirmed their status as cunts. They're all fucking cunts.

To those that weren't born in Newcastle and have no family ties to the club. Why on earth do you put yourselves through this shit? :lol:

:lol: I...don't know. I feel like I have to.

You may all be proven right but I dont get the pessimism over a fee. Its early June, its Mike Ashley and its Monaco. With no reason to sell, we're just accepting their first offer? It must be huge (in theory). Money is just a play thing for Monaco right now and here's their French talisman to captain them.

Guest bimpy474

Can't explain, just can't explain.