Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

I think Cabaye wanted out, and has played like it for the last few months too. Supporting us is never fun for long.

Anyone else at that point yet where you feel it doesn't matter one f***ing bit who we sign due to the football/management being so awful that the end product will be exactly?

If this was last summer, I would have been devo. Now I'm just meh.

I wonder how many people saying we didn't need to sign Anita, we had other areas to replace first, are the same people saying we should have replaced Cabaye first...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Does this make him a greedy c***?

These players have zero ties to our club, emotionally. If you could earn more money in your home country and play with better players, would you move?

True, I was just wondering when the masses would turn if true.

If it's true I'm not surprised, despite not being a fan of his unprofessionalism it'd be a big loss to us.

I wonder how many people saying we didn't need to sign Anita, we had other areas to replace first, are the same people saying we should have replaced Cabaye first...

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

I think Anita was the Cabaye replacement all along. I reckon we were expecting a big bid for Cabaye last summer and it didn't come.

If he's gone, then he's a little f***ing c***. If he's gone, the powers that be have reaffirmed their status as c***s. They're all f***ing c***s.

To those that weren't born in Newcastle and have no family ties to the club. Why on earth do you put yourselves through this s***? :lol:

:lol: I...don't know. I feel like I have to.

Seriously mate, you should've stuck with Liverpool. :lol:

In all honesty if he had stuck with Liverpool he'd be an unbearable tosser as opposed to the easy loving Mike we've grown to love.

Liverpool Mike would have been bad.

Liverpool Mike won a trophy on his first day. There's no way he would have been tolerable. Singing that god damn song.

It's piss easy to learn though. Anyone can learn that song. It's not like the Blaydon Races where you have to learn some of the dialect. Seriously, you dropped a fucking bollock supporting this team.

But think about how great it's going to be when they win the league in 2062.

I think Anita was the Cabaye replacement all along. I reckon we were expecting a big bid for Cabaye last summer and it didn't come.

I think you are giving the club far too much credit.  :lol:

Don`t blame the club in cashing in on him... I expect we have got a fair amount for him that we can spend this summer. Regardless of how well we did under Pardew this day was always coming.

But aye our club is fucking rank right now.. hard to get excited or annoyed about anything really. 

= Ashley and goons mission complete. --> Total Fan Apathy

Don`t blame the club in cashing in on him... I expect we have got a fair amount for him that we can spend this summer. Regardless of how well we did under Pardew this day was always coming.

But aye our club is f***ing rank right now.. hard to get excited or annoyed about anything really. 

= Ashley and goons mission complete. --> Total Fan Apathy

Don't know of that's mission accomplished. With fan apathy Comes less income.

Anyone else at that point yet where you feel it doesn't matter one f***ing bit who we sign due to the football/management being so awful that the end product will be exactly?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5vguJHwr1qfamtt.gif

also, does that look a bit like jimmy perch to anyone else?

nah, can't be bothered to cancel season tickets renewals :)

Honestly though it has been a remit imo. Just to lower fans expectations the problem is they have punched us down so many times, repeatedly its pushed fans too far the other way. I think there is a large section of supporters that will always follow the club but have now got to a point where they will go along with whatever is happening with a "well we can't change anything" mentality.

Depressing and further taking away from our identity which made us everyone's second favorite team in the 90's and even under Sir Bobby.

In that clip, yes. :lol:

Off to Brighton to play with Tomasz Kuszczak.

Please no :( We'll be fucking woeful without Cabaye next season man, he was as important to us staying up this season as he was to us finishing fifth a year ago. Absolutely fantastic player, and I can't see us replacing him with anything near as good.

In that clip, yes. :lol:

pleased it wasn't just me :lol:

Anyone else think that this is all BS? One guy in France is saying this, no other reports.. If this was an incoming transfer based off just one report, everyone would be saying that it was a joke and nwoat yet. The news leaked near midnight on a Friday, a strange time for normal transfer news. It just doesn't seem too legit to me. He still may go later in the summer but I doubt it's happened this quickly.

Anyone else think that this is all BS? One guy in France is saying this, no other reports.. If this was an incoming transfer based off just one report, everyone would be saying that it was a joke and nwoat yet. The news leaked near midnight on a Friday, a strange time for normal transfer news. It just doesn't seem too legit to me. He still may go later in the summer but I doubt it's happened this quickly.

It possibly is bull crap but nobody can rule it out, we've known about players coming in long before th press got hold of it.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I think he will definitly be gone come season kick off anyway and I'll be heart broken when he is, has been one of my favourite players.. If Ben Arfa goes too now  I think it will be too much to take and probably die or at least my hopes and dreams for this club will. They're on a mighty thin rope as it is mind after all we've gone through the last ten years.

Simon bird in march:

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will refuse to sell France playmaker Yohan Cabaye at any price.

Ashley warded off interest in several stars last summer by quoting an automatic £25million transfer fee for all of his players – including regular sub James Perch!

And he will do the same in the coming off-season with midfielder Cabaye, who is Ashley’s favourite Toon player

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-yohan-cabaye-wont-1779463#ixzz2WFAHVFnT

One of my favorite players seemingly on the way out. Horrible feeling, again - if true.

His replacement needs to be someone with pace and can drive the team forward.