Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldn't it be great if we got De Jong on loan and spent some of the Cabaye cash on cabella or grenier...

Keeping that optimism going :blush: :blush:

You never know (feels that creeping unease in his stomach due to head telling heart that it needs to make emergency earth landing)???

Even Siem de Jong too would do me.

Guest Brazilianbob

My problem with the deal comes from the timing of it, halfway through a season when he's been our best player.

Well yeah i would prefer the summer obviously but after his antics last window i would assume we made promises should we get an acceptable fee. The fact is we should have bought his replacement 2 weeks ago in readiness for this.

Exactly why we wont be buying a replacement.  There was never any intention of doing so!

Let's all pretend everything is rosy then and talk about how great it is that a club of our size is competing with the likes of Southampton for 8th place. Let's all pretend how great it is that we are making massive profit from the transfer of Cabaye and not give a f*** about how far this club has fallen.

It's people like you that have made this all happen. Happy to just accept continued misdemeanors from Ashley, the misdemeanors that f***ing hurt me inside. I honestly don't know how you get by in life being so f***ing happy and accepting.

Strike a light guvnor.

As usual that's not what I said and not what I believe at all. Whew.

It's the opinion you continually portray. It's the acceptance that has allowed all this to happen.

Let's all pretend everything is rosy then and talk about how great it is that a club of our size is competing with the likes of Southampton for 8th place. Let's all pretend how great it is that we are making massive profit from the transfer of Cabaye and not give a f*** about how far this club has fallen.

It's people like you that have made this all happen. Happy to just accept continued misdemeanors from Ashley, the misdemeanors that f***ing hurt me inside. I honestly don't know how you get by in life being so f***ing happy and accepting.

Strike a light guvnor.

It's the opinion you continually portray. It's the acceptance that has allowed all this to happen.

Are you outside of SJP with a banner today like Andy?

Strike a light guvnor.

What? I vote with my feet.

Strike a light guvnor.

Fair play to you. FWIW I only attend about 8 games a season, so I'm doing my bit as well.

Strike a light guvnor.

Fair play to you. FWIW I only attend about 8 games a season, so I'm doing my bit as well.

You're not "doing your bit". You, and others like you, are perpetuating this shite!

Let's wait and see...

If we spend some of the money on a "replacement" and get de Jong in I will be pacified, I will not be excited but it will make sense to me and it will keep the team in line with our dumbed down ambitions (or lack of).

Let's wait and see...

If we spend some of the money on a "replacement" and get de Jong in I will be pacified, I will not be excited but it will make sense to me and it will keep the team in line with our dumbed down ambitions (or lack of).

Selling our best, most creative passer to bring in a 6ft 2 striker to pump balls towards won't please me when i pay to watch the shite.

My problem with the deal comes from the timing of it, halfway through a season when he's been our best player.

Your problem with Cabaye and not the club then? Or PSG's mind fuckery with Cabaye?

PSG didn't need to do anything to unsettle Cabaye - Ashley, Pardew and NUFC in general did that themselves when they failed to strengthen the side after finishing 5th 2 seasons ago...last season merely confirmed his view that the club weren't going anywhere.

Let's wait and see...

I actually meant de Jong and a replacement for Cabaye i.e. De Jong + Cabella/Grenier

Otherise I will also be peeved

Selling our best, most creative passer to bring in a 6ft 2 striker to pump balls towards won't please me when i pay to watch the s****.

Your problem with Cabaye and not the club then? Or PSG's mind fuckery with Cabaye?

PSG didn't need to do anything to unsettle Cabaye - Ashley, Pardew and NUFC in general did that themselves when they failed to strengthen the side after finishing 5th 2 seasons ago...last season merely confirmed his view that the club weren't going anywhere.

With all due respect, we were going to have to strengthen a hell of a lot to be more attractive than PSG.

What?

My problem is obviously with the club selling Cabaye half way through the season, like I said in a completely unambiguous way :lol:

They don't have to sell him because a £20m bid comes in you know, they can turn it down.

RTG-esque in the way that people seem to think that if you say it enough, eventually it becomes true.

Sadly that's the case with a lot of viewpoints.

Maybe we should all come and join you in La La Land with Tinky Winky and Po, eh Ian?

Ashley could turn up in the middle of the night with JFK and spit roast your Mrs and you'd come on here to say it could've been worse, Llambias could've been there too.

Fucking hell, we get that people have differing views but to take them to the extreme every time just makes you look like you're on a wind up/craving attention.

RTG-esque in the way that people seem to think that if you say it enough, eventually it becomes true.

Maybe we should all come and join you in La La Land with Tinky Winky and Po, eh Ian?

Ashley could turn up in the middle of the night with JFK and spit roast your Mrs and you'd come on here to say it could've been worse, Llambias could've been there too.

Fucking hell, we get that people have differing views but to take them to the extreme every time just makes you look like you're on a wind up/craving attention.

:lol:

Jesus, I'm on the windup?

f***ing hell, we get that people have differing views but to take them to the extreme every time just makes you look like you're on a wind up/craving attention.

:thup:

f***ing hell, we get that people have differing views but to take them to the extreme every time just makes you look like you're on a wind up/craving attention.

:thup:

It's bordering on mental this like lads... what have I said to make you think I believe everything's great? Or that I love either Ashley or JFK?

It's actually like my posts exist in a parallel universe where everybody has a frontal lobotomy before being allowed to read.  Everything that's not an outpouring of hate is put down as 'being in la-la land'. Genuinely worrying that this is how people form opinions.

I have no idea why you are all wound up about it??? We all knew this was coming...

The only question is whether we mitigate his departure with a like for like (yes, I know he is at his prime and we are taking a couple of steps back) replacement (Cabella/Grenier..other) as well as getting in the striker we so desperately need (De Jong)