Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

A mid table team with a VERY GOOD squad. Righto.

We just average then? Run of the mill players. Mixed in with the rest?

If we had a top manager, i'm fairly certain your opinion would quickly change on how good our players are.

We'll never know will we?

If we had a top manager, i'm fairly certain your opinion would quickly change on how good our players are.

No we won't. We won't ever see a top manager here under Ashley.

Guest Roger Kint

They'll soon realise Ashley won't budge and will get his £20m+.

He will take it to the wire, no point in playing chicken psg.

And Ashley will soon realize it's 15m now or 6m in the summer when Cabaye buys himself out.

Sounds like he got his £20m.

That £6m bollocks has to be the worst story ever. How do people actually beleive it would happen?

No we won't. We won't ever see a top manager here under Ashley.

Well we did briefly, but then Ashley decided to be a lying little scrotum and fuck that up too.

And Ashley will soon realize it's 15m now or 6m in the summer when Cabaye buys himself out.

That £6m bollocks has to be the worst story ever. How do people actually beleive it would happen?

It's very rarely tested is it? In theory it's a player's right, but the club usually sells before it comes to that. Like we have.

I love the fact that people are still bringing it up :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

It's very rarely tested is it? In theory it's a player's right, but the club usually sells before it comes to that. Like we have.

Plus the times its been done have ended up in court for ages. Hardly a easy move to mae.

It's a really shitty feeling losing one of your best players, but honestly can anyone say they're surprised?

Yes, the anger is there based on the lack of ambition in being a selling club, but who isn't these days aside from the oil-rich clubs? Everyone has their price.

We all felt the same when Carroll was sold but that turned out pretty well for us. I'm pissed, but wholly unsurprised.

Will we replace him? I don't doubt that we will if we can but only if the deal is right for us. If not, we've got a decent points tally so far so Ashley won't really give a shit until the summer - then it's back to bargain basement. It's how he operates with his other businesses and it's how we as a club operate. It's incredibly fucking sad.

Guest Howaythetoon

It will be an honour to see one of our players in the Champions League to be honest and hopefully the money from his sale will help push us further away from doing a Leeds/Portsmouth. I think that's more important than anything really. I'm just grateful to Mike that we got to see a bit of Cabaye in our colours, I mean its not like we have had many great players in our past. I'll definitely be getting a PSG Cabaye shirt and may even sign up to BT to watch him in the Campions Leauge. Cant wait, canny excited like :D

I love the fact that people are still bringing it up :lol:

Does my fucking head in. RTG-esque in the way that people seem to think that if you say it enough, eventually it becomes true.

It's a really shitty feeling losing one of your best players, but honestly can anyone say they're surprised?

Yes, the anger is there based on the lack of ambition in being a selling club, but who isn't these days aside from the oil-rich clubs? Everyone has their price.

People aren't pissed off at selling Cabaye. People are pissed off at the whole 'poor ol' us, what can we do' bollocks that spews forth from the club on a near-daily basis. We've sold plenty of good players before, players we've missed subsequently, but it was done in the hope of improving the squad overall.

We all felt the same when Carroll was sold but that turned out pretty well for us. I'm p*ssed, but wholly unsurprised.

Will we replace him? I don't doubt that we will if we can but only if the deal is right for us. If not, we've got a decent points tally so far so Ashley won't really give a s*** until the summer - then it's back to bargain basement. It's how he operates with his other businesses and it's how we as a club operate. It's incredibly f***ing sad.

I dont think people are suprised its just we all know that money 19/20 million wont be reinvested straight away and the season is pretty much written off now...Ashley only needs Pardew to put another 4 pts on the table and the club is safe for another season to be used as an advertising hoarding for Sports Direct.

Guest Roger Kint

We all felt the same when Carroll was sold but that turned out pretty well for us. I'm p*ssed, but wholly unsurprised.

Will we replace him? I don't doubt that we will if we can but only if the deal is right for us. If not, we've got a decent points tally so far so Ashley won't really give a s*** until the summer - then it's back to bargain basement. It's how he operates with his other businesses and it's how we as a club operate. It's incredibly f***ing sad.

I dont think people are suprised its just we all know that money 19/20 million wont be reinvested straight away and the season is pretty much written off now...Ashley only needs Pardew to put another 4 pts on the table and the club is safe for another season to be used as an advertising hoarding for Sports Direct.

This for me. No real anger/blame from me with the deal, expected him to go as its what he wanted and the club got a decent price. The anger comes when we do fuck all to replace him and the season fizzles out.

Guest Roger Kint

My problem with the deal comes from the timing of it, halfway through a season when he's been our best player.

Well yeah i would prefer the summer obviously but after his antics last window i would assume we made promises should we get an acceptable fee. The fact is we should have bought his replacement 2 weeks ago in readiness for this.

In the last 10 games our short passes per game have dropped below 300 in one game, the average being 398.

Southampton (285), which Cabaye sat out.

We average almost 50 less short passes per game in the 3 games he's missed than in the 19 games he's played.

HOOF!!!

Wouldn't it be great if we got De Jong on loan and spent some of the Cabaye cash on cabella or grenier...

Keeping that optimism going :blush: :blush:

You never know (feels that creeping unease in his stomach due to head telling heart that it needs to make emergency earth landing)???

I see Ian's bollocks have grown back.

Spamming the forum to f*** :lol:

Just gets annoying when it becomes a torrent of unreasoned emo.

Let's all pretend everything is rosy then and talk about how great it is that a club of our size is competing with the likes of Southampton for 8th place. Let's all pretend how great it is that we are making massive profit from the transfer of Cabaye and not give a fuck about how far this club has fallen.

It's people like you that have made this all happen. Happy to just accept continued misdemeanors from Ashley, the misdemeanors that fucking hurt me inside. I honestly don't know how you get by in life being so fucking happy and accepting.