Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Glad it went through. I met Michel Seydoux, the owner of Lille last year. It was a meeting about golf but we soon got onto football and he said that Newcastle have the reputation throughout Europe as being one of the very worst clubs to do business with. I think from memeory he added something about us being notoriously "bad payers". He was really quite damning about us. We were talking about Ben Arfa, I remember now, he said he was a great player but had a reputation in France of being "unmanageable"

i'm guessing that bad reputation goes way back to SJH and Fat Fred being in charge,  i can't see us being "bad payers" now with Ashley paying the full whack up front.

Glad it went through. I met Michel Seydoux, the owner of Lille last year. It was a meeting about golf but we soon got onto football and he said that Newcastle have the reputation throughout Europe as being one of the very worst clubs to do business with. I think from memeory he added something about us being notoriously "bad payers". He was really quite damning about us. We were talking about Ben Arfa, I remember now, he said he was a great player but had a reputation in France of being "unmanageable"

If the reports are to be believed our repuation has apparently improved since then with the way we dealt with Ben Arfa.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were tossers to deal with, what with Ashley now and Shepherd before him.

The problems with Le Havre when we bought N'Zogbia springs to mind as a possible explanation. No worries though, they love us now.

i'm guessing that bad reputation goes way back to SJH and Fat Fred being in charge,  i can't see us being "bad payers" now with Ashley paying the full whack up front.

Yes, I am pretty sure he was referring to back then. I remember being quite taken aback about how vicious he was about us.

Yes, I am pretty sure he was referring to back then. I remember being quite taken aback about how vicious he was about us.

Did you punch him in the face?

:lol:

:lol:

I felt a bit embarrassed actually!

Oh his eyes, his eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining. His hair, hir hair, falls perfectly without him trying. He's so beautiful, and I tell him every day. When I see his face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause he's amasing just the way he is. And when he smiles, the whole world stops and stares for awhile. 'Cause he's amazing just the way he is.

Going on about it in virtually every response, seems well impressed. :snod:

I don't know French but he seems an intelligent bloke (no sullen grunting), speaking with a genuine enthusiasm. And he's handsome as fuck.

http://sport24.gr/football/omades/Panathinaikos/article441177.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/bumzo.jpg

:frantic:

If memory serves, Boum was wearing a lovely pair of grey slacks and a white dress shirt.