Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

A player turning up in suit to sign a multi million pound deal is nice to see compared to most of the pricks who turn up like they could not give a shit in jeans & a hoodie

:thup:

But dammit man, the tie! Look at the state of his tie!

A player turning up in suit to sign a multi million pound deal is nice to see compared to most of the pricks who turn up like they could not give a s*** in jeans & a hoodie

The tie is cool though.  Shows he's smart, but laid back too.

A player turning up in suit to sign a multi million pound deal is nice to see compared to most of the pricks who turn up like they could not give a s*** in jeans & a hoodie

The tie is cool though.  Shows he's smart, but laid back too.

The knot is at a skewed angle and adrift from the collar.

No doubt Pardew will be having a word with him.

being a ball playing centre mid coming to the hurly burly of the prem i hope he's given time to settle if need be.

I agree. Too many others will rush to judge though.

Very pleased this has finally been confirmed. He's an excellent player - and becomes the best midfielder in our squad, imo.

If he is that good, then you could go a bit further and say best player in our squad rather than just the best midfielder.

“And those fans appear special. Before signing for Newcastle, I watched some videos on the internet, and particularly the game against Sunderland when Newcastle won 5-1.

“I could see there was a great atmosphere in the stadium, and I really want to see what it’s like to play at St James’ Park and in the Premier League.

:smitten:

“I spoke to Charles N’Zogbia and David Rozehnal before joining Newcastle. They both said it was a good choice to come to Newcastle,” he said.

“They said I would have a great time, especially with the fans."

Rozehnal!  He's finally paving dividends!

being a ball playing centre mid coming to the hurly burly of the prem i hope he's given time to settle if need be.

He's got every chance to hit the ground running, because for once we've got the player in very early. He'll be involved from the very start of pre-season, and his living arrangements and all those other bits and bobs will be taken care of beforehand. It's very refreshing to see signings come in early. It's so important particularly when they are coming in from abroad.

I think the 4-3-3 system will help as it should suit the quick pass and move types better than 4-4-2.

Nice stats about Cabay in that article, paragraphs like this lead me to doubt the guys credibility as a writer like:

Barton’s offensive intent often forces Nolan into a more withdrawn role (as was seen against Wolves), but installing Cabaye alongside the destructive Tioté in the heart of the midfield will unshackle the Newcastle captain, providing balance and composure in the centre of the pitch. If Barton does decide to depart St. James Park this summer, Newcastle certainly won’t miss him.