Dimitar Berbatov

JH

For us eternal optimists out there, I thought it was worthy of breaking into its own thread. Would you take him?

NEWCASTLE are in the hunt to sign Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian striker wants out of Manchester United after his shock Champions League final snub.

And Toon boss Alan Pardew is ready to meet United's £7.5million valuation.

Pardew is in the market for a big-name striker after Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for £35m in January.

Berbatov, 30, won the golden boot this season along with Manchester City's Carlos Tevez after hitting 20 league goals.

But he did not even make the bench for Saturday's Euro decider against Barcelona.

Now he wants a club where he is regarded as the main man and not down the pecking order.

Berbatov, who cost United £30.75m in September 2008, has always liked Newcastle having idolised Toon legend Alan Shearer when he was a boy.

The former Tottenham star did not travel home with United after his Champions League final axing.

He did, however, turn up for the club's victory parade through Manchester yesterday to celebrate their 19th league title.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have landed French midfielder Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £4.3m.

Cabaye, 25, confirmed the switch to St James' Park after Toon triggered a release clause in his contract.

He will sign a four-year deal in the north-east after Newcastle beat the likes of Valencia, Aston Villa and Lyon to his services.

Source

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

Make it happen Mike :pow:

Guest axel

As i said in the other thread: For me yes. He's a lazy b****** but you can't argue about his ability. He will probs also be good enough for the prem for the next 2-4 years.

For £7.5m we'd be crazy not to buy him. Not that I think it's a possibility.

That said, I would like a forward with a bit of presence and graft as well. I wouldn't like our team to consist entirely of lightweight European playmakers and Tiote.

He'd be a brilliant addition, absolutely superb at £7.5m.

In all seriousness though, I can't see Ashley sanctioning it/Berba wanting to come. He's good enough to play CL still.

He'd be a brilliant addition, absolutely superb at £7.5m.

In all seriousness though, I can't see Ashley sanctioning it/Berba wanting to come. He's good enough to play CL still.

This. Would be awesome though.

why does this have a thread when we know theres 0 chance of it happening

Some people like a wank just for the thought of Berba joining us.

And I'm not one of them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote    Cabaye

Gervinho        Ben Arfa        N'Zogbia

Berbatov

Just imagine it, man.

Dislike Berbatov hugely, not the type of player we should be targeting, i.e. 30ish, Top 4 cast off, Lazy, Large wages.

The article is a disgracefully poor piece of journalism though.

I created a thread to provoke some discussion.

Just because there's no chance of it happening, doesn't mean we're banned from talking about it :lol:

Tiote    Cabaye

Gervinho        Ben Arfa        N'Zogbia

Berbatov

Just imagine it, man.

I imagine we'll be fucked with this new home grown rule.