Dimitar Berbatov

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

id rather save up on the wages and up the money for the transfer of Daniel Sturridge.

bad idea? or do you people prefer Berbetov lol

lol

id rather save up on the wages and up the money for the transfer of Daniel Sturridge.

bad idea? or do you people prefer Berbetov lol

i'd rather sign messi tbh

rofl

Guest Haris Vuckic

No thanks.

Fair enough he gets goals but what else does he do? He's a passenger. Avoid.

like nolan lol

Can't imagine the response 'if' we sign Berbatov and play him with Nolan. :lol:

No thanks.

Fair enough he gets goals but what else does he do? He's a passenger. Avoid.

like nolan lol

Berbatov + Nolan = goals that win you the league!1!111!

Struggle to think of a player with a better first touch in the league last season.

Some of the balls he brought under control, and fairly acrobatically too, were incredible.

As mentioned/bludgeoned to death on this thread though, think it's highly unlikely the switch will happen.

As great a player as he is, I don't think he'd be hungry enough. More of a post-Robson, Shepherd-era signing.

Not as excited by the idea as other people in here.

TBF he can drift out of games at times, and would no doubt get stick from our fans for that reason at times.

However, the rest of the time he's unplayable.

he'd be great as the point of a 4-3-3 imo, bringing others into the game, especially if the other 2 were pacy players with good control/decent finishing. still, i'll be utterly staggered if we sign him for a number of reasons

As great a player as he is, I don't think he'd be hungry enough. More of a post-Robson, Shepherd-era signing.

If you don't jizz your pants when he's unveiled with Cabaye and Gameiro, you're not a real man.

Would love him here, as long as it doesn't take away from the kitty for other players coming in. We do need pace upfront, and although this fella is world class, he isn't exactly pacy gonzalez. If we secure the services of the likes of Gervinho and Gameiro, and sort out contracts for Nolan and Enrique (or have Enrique replaced), then it's a no-brainer really. Top top player, but only with the right formula around him.

He's out of contract end of next year like (unless he signed one recently) which is probably why lowish fee is being on. A bit of checking sees that is on circa £100k p/w. It's never going to happen but for a sub £10m fee and massively performance rated contract to the same level of wages you'd be absolutely batshit mental to say no especially as game relies about 1% on pace, he (if he wanted) could quite easily go on playing to high level well in to his 30s like Sheringham. However this is merely fantasy talk.

Guest BooBoo

We seem to be being linked with a lot of strikers who I would think of as secondary strikers. I'm not staying I desperately want another target man a la Carroll but I would be keen to see someone who can lead the line a bit. I dont think Berbatov really excells at that.

Ever since I saw the photo of him holding up his toon shirt I've wanted to see him in our colours. Love him as a striker, absolute class.

Guest young master

Owen was 16 mil plus extras and on 103 k a week.

No way would we be this stupid again.

berb must be on around atleast 120K  , even if he takes 50% cut, which will never happen, he may take wround 20-30 cut even thats pushing it.  there's no we would pay him like 80k for a 30 year old.  Hardly runs unless you give him the ball,  we already have similar player in Stroller minus the skills.

aint going to happen sorry Berbi lovers.

As great a player as he is, I don't think he'd be hungry enough.

That's a very valid point. :thup: :thup: You can really tell when he is motivated and when he is going through the motions. When he was motivated, he had goals coming out of his receding hairline, but for the not insignificant spells where he wasn't up for it, it really did show.

He had a couple of interesting interviews (Godfather aside) last season where he actually spoke about his desire in training, and I think shortly thereafter he went on a magnificent run.

so what makes berbatov any different to defoe?

The ability to hold up the ball. Given though that Berbatov does not have the best aerial presence, but unless we want Carroll back there aren't many high quality strikers that give that.