Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

The "Enrique is poor going forward" thing is a complete and utter lie.

In my reply to Ian, I wrote that he's good at getting forward (if you define forward as offensive runs). But his involvements don't lead to goals. More often than not he gets blinkers when he's approaching the opponent's box. As a consequence he makes the wrong choices: dribbling when he shouldn't, losing the ball, incapable of delivering good crossers even when he's under no pressure at all, passing the ball to the wrong player  failing to use Jonas when he overlaps (Jonas is not good enough in that particular area either) etc. He needs to become more decisive when he's attacking. If he does, he'll be on the Spanish team soon.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I find he's a strong crosser of the ball. And in general, he's a strong attacker. My view anyway.

I find he's a strong crosser of the ball. And in general, he's a strong attacker. My view anyway.

That is your right, but you're still wrong! :lol:  He has few assists, but so do Cole and Evra. But if you check Enrique's general involvement in the build up play before any goals scored, I think you'll find him missing (3rd involvement , making an offensive run that opens space for others etc). I for one struggle to remember situations where I obviously could see enrique contributing. Happy if people could prove me wrong though...

I have great faith in young ferguson.  Enrique is almost impotent in attack, so Ferguson will have no problem in surpassing him in that particular area. The big question is his defensive skills..

'Young Ferguson' is a left-midfielder, not a left-back.

Not according to Pardew and Ferguson.

The same Pardew and Ferguson who had mutual benefits when he became a 'left-back'. Pardew who had cover for the injured Enrique, and Ferguson who got a chance in the first-team.

Shane Ferguson is not a left-back. If we play him there this season, we'll go back to 2006 when we had Duff and/or N'Zogbia as 'left-backs'.

Colocho in 'I know more than the manager and player himself' :lol:

He's just turned 19 ffs, weighs about nine stone and has come through the academy as a left-midfielder.

As if having Simpson and Saylor in our defence isn't bad enough, we're going to drop this lad in as well? Come on...

If Enrique goes and Ferguson becomes our first-choice 'left-back' it won't matter how much attacking flair we have in our midfield, or how potent our new striker(s) are.

I have great faith in young ferguson.  Enrique is almost impotent in attack, so Ferguson will have no problem in surpassing him in that particular area. The big question is his defensive skills..

The same Pardew and Ferguson who had mutual benefits when he became a 'left-back'. Pardew who had cover for the injured Enrique, and Ferguson who got a chance in the first-team.

Shane Ferguson is not a left-back. If we play him there this season, we'll go back to 2006 when we had Duff and/or N'Zogbia as 'left-backs'.

Why would it be anything like Duff or N'Zogbia? He's a different player. He's played left back and left wing in equal measure throughout his development.

I personally think he looks like he has the attributes to be a wide player, but I don't think I'll be making declarative statements like "he's not a left back" when quotes from both parties and his performances in that position suggest the opposite.

Why would it be anything like Duff or N'Zogbia? He's a different player. He's played left back and left wing in equal measure throughout his development.

I personally think he looks like he has the attributes to be a wide player, but I don't think I'll be making declarative statements like "he's not a left back" when quotes from both parties and his performances in that position suggest the opposite.

It's my opinion, surely I'm entitled to the belief that his attributes suit a left-midfield position rather than a defensive position?

Happy to back down on this one, only time will tell in terms of his strongest position.

Wasn't Ashley Cole pretty similar at the same age? (size, position he played in the youths etc..)

Being a unit to play at full back is a thing of the past, Baines is hardly a brick wall is he?

Missing a trick here. Not only have we passed up on the opportunity to pay a fair price for an quality attacker who's proven in this league (how often does that fucking happen?), but we'll have allowed a rival to be strengthened.

Total mess this. Should've been in there the moment the window opened.

Oh well.

http://rlv.zcache.com/lol_not_found_tshirt-p2355344128200228492ckjr_152.jpg

For fuck's sake, we can't even do the 'bully the smaller club and steal their good player' routine right :lol:

We couldn't match their wages :lol:

Yeah I'm sure they're paying him £70k a week or something..

As pardew said, when it came apparent that the 1m clause was not a possibility all interest ceased, especially after the 10m valuation...

I bet swansea were really hoping we'd make a big offer. Im glad we didnt

As pardew said, when it came apparent that the 1m clause was not a possibility all interest ceased, especially after the 10m valuation...

I bet swansea were really hoping we'd make a big offer. Im glad we didnt

If the £1m clause wasn't a possibility why did Taylor's agent apply to the tribunal? Why did the Swansea chairman hurriedly up the lads wages to a massive 13k or so in order to avoid the tribunal? The chairman was quoted as saying it would be sorted without resorting to the tribunal and they did that by blowing us out of the water with their mega bucks 13k deal which saw us running scared of mighty Swansea and their bumper transfer budget...which of course includes Taylor's new wages.

Yes I do, you're posts ridiculous, that's my point.  I mean you seriously think this is as simple as "Oh we can't possibly match a offer of £13k a week, so we'll have to pull out of the deal"?