Neil Taylor signs new four-year contract with Swansea

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's the down side of paying low wages, even shitty clubs like Swansea can match them.

Unless you're suggesting we offer him a big wage that Swansea couldn't match then I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Sounds like Swansea don't fancy their chances at a tribunal.

If they can give him another contract with a release clause, he'll have the opportunity of Premiership football right away rather than spending an indeterminate time on the bench at a bigger club. It might well be the right move for the player.

Guest BooBoo

Not that arsed but shows how pathetic we are when it comes to contested recruitment when we can't even sort out a deal for a non entity from Swansea.

Not that arsed but shows how pathetic we are when it comes to contested recruitment when we can't even sort out a deal for a non entity from Swansea.

It is always going to be difficult to get players from other clubs that do not have any intention of selling the player. We can either keep fighting for the player or move on, but do not act as though this is a simple transfer. His club have some sort of bizarre attachment to him.

Nottingham didn't want to sell us Perch, either, but they acted sensibly and we got the player.

That's the down side of paying low wages, even shitty clubs like Swansea can match them.

Unless you're suggesting we offer him a big wage that Swansea couldn't match then I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

If we want to sign him we can either offer wages which they can't match or a fee which they will accept. If he's not worth either of those then we probably shouldn't have been in for him in the first place.

How much more fucking time are we going to waste? I know it's still early-ish days in the window but we've spent nigh on a month chasing Taylor and Erding and neither of them seemingly wants to even join the club.

I wish we'd get an answer a bit quicker, that way we can move on before alternative targets are bought by other teams.

Guest BooBoo

Pilko- I'm not sure we can still call this early days. It's about a month now till the start of the season and ideally we want players in before then. How many times do we go into the last 2 weeks still scrambling around for players? Evey bloody time. This year with the derby game so soon, it simply won't wash if we don't have the vat majority of our summer deals sorted out before the first game of the season.

Pilko- I'm not sure we can still call this early days. It's about a month now till the start of the season and ideally we want players in before then. How many times do we go into the last 2 weeks still scrambling around for players? Evey bloody time. This year with the derby game so soon, it simply won't wash if we don't have the vat majority of our summer deals sorted out before the first game of the season.

:sadnod:

Agreed, it's the middle of July now and time does fly by. I'd be quite worried if we don't have a new striker in before the Arsenal game.

Guest Heneage

Good for him, he gets first team football and a tidy contract to take home before he joins in the summer.

Agreed, it's the middle of July now and time does fly by. I'd be quite worried if we don't have a new striker in before the Arsenal game.

If you look at it though, there's only really Sunderland, Norwich & Man Utd who've signed as many or more first-team players this summer than we have.

If you look at it though, there's only really Sunderland, Norwich & Man Utd who've signed as many or more first-team players this summer than we have.

Indeed, but I'd still like to draw attention to my second sentence. I would like at least another striker in before the derby at the very latest, it would put me at ease come the start of the season.

Activity is always stacked towards the end of the window, I reckon we've done very well to do the business we have. Obviously we'd all love our final squad in place ASAP, but I'd accept a striker signing any time in the window TBH.

I'd accept a striker signing any time in the window TBH.

I think we all would. It's just there's absolutely no guarantee against a Pardew+Ashley 'we tried' spread in the Chronicle the day after the window closes.

I thought he was one of their most promising players.

No, they would be Joe Allen, Daniel Alfei and Lee Lucas  :)