Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Basically we are 11 days into the transfer window (a third of the way), we have the second most prolific striker in the league and not one club has attempted to activate his apparent <£7m release clause.

Not to mention letting him go off to the ACN which surely complicates negotiations when they could have been done and dusted long before he left.

:hmm:

Unfortunately, the best post about this in the past few days.

Agreed.

There is another reason for Ba needing such a low clause. Because of the insurance bill a buying club would have to pay (currently according to the Chronicle bringing the purchase bill up to 20m). So this represents a high fee for the buyer already. We aren't going to want to sell for that little so without the clause it would prevent him from a big money move if it ever became a possibility.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/01/11/mevlut-erdinc-back-in-newcastle-united-s-sights-61634-30098511/2/

Although talk Newcastle are poised to bring in a striker will heighten fears about Demba Ba’s future, The Journal understands any incoming striker will not be a replacement for their Senegal star.

Speculation surrounding Ba was sparked by Harry Redknapp’s unhelpful comments surrounding a release clause in the forward’s contract – rumoured to be triggered by a bid of £7million.

United have neither confirmed nor denied talk of the clause, but senior board figures are furious the Tottenham boss put the subject on the agenda in the first place.

In a further twist, quotes emerged last night from a member of Demba Ba’s management team, Armand Doorn, claiming Manchester United were monitoring the player’s availability.

However, The Journal understands there has been absolutely no contact with any club regards Ba.

The club remain relaxed about the situation – and about Ba’s intentions, with the striker keen to stay at Newcastle. Yet they may be forced to to thrash out a new deal for Ba, whose current deal is heavily incentivised.

The player may be looking for more security and might argue he is entitled to an improved contract after a scintillating start which has seen him hit 15 goals.

He admitted over the weekend he would like to play for PSG one day, but there have been no bids and United will not welcome interest in him.

Pardew dodged questions about the striker’s future after Saturday’s defeat of Blackburn in the FA Cup.

There is another reason for Ba needing such a low clause. Because of the insurance bill a buying club would have to pay (currently according to the Chronicle bringing the purchase bill up to 20m). So this represents a high fee for the buyer already. We aren't going to want to sell for that little so without the clause it would prevent him from a big money move if it ever became a possibility.

Alright, we get the fucking picture. The insurance is high.

Alright, we get the fucking picture. The insurance is high.

Its very high :lol:

:aww:

dembabafoot Demba Ba

Really, I don't know how desperate this "armand doorn" can be to talk like he's my agent!! He's nothing for me. Stop lying and show respect

I think it's been established that this Twitter account is connected to the man himself. Not 100% sure though.

Yes, it's official.

dembabafoot Demba Ba

@

@paulgibbins hahaha. Are you happy with that yfrog.com/oe9u3aqj

4 minutes ago

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2144/scaledphptn0server878fi.jpg

If you look back to some older tweets:

dembabafoot Demba Ba

Far away from newcastle, can you tell me what's up over there?

10 hours ago

_M_artin_ Martin Shields

@dembabafoot your leaving apparently!

10 hours ago

dembabafoot Demba Ba

@_M_artin_ really? I didnt know. Hope you don't throw me away!!!!!

10 hours ago

:aww:

NUFC_NOBLE @hamadyba92 Tell your brother to stay at NUFC we all love him fans favourite #DembaBaNUFCnextNUMBER9

about 23 hours ago

hamadyba92 @NUFC_NOBLE. I will don't worry. The lastest game against Man U was amazing and Saint James Park was too.

about 18 hours ago