Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest icemanblue

What the fuck. :lol:

Going to have to get on to these cunts tomorrow. Heads will roll. Someone remind me, will you?

Loved his quality goal but is it me or.......did he actually mean it? I reckon it was meant to be more of a cross for cisse that went a little too well :)

http://i.imgur.com/I5qdB.jpg

:notbad:

Loved his quality goal but is it me or.......did he actually mean it? I reckon it was meant to be more of a cross for cisse that went a little too well :)

http://i.imgur.com/I5qdB.jpg

Love the way he's disguised his attempted cross by looking at the goal. Would have been some skill if he hadn't fucked it up so badly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9486336/Newcastle-Uniteds-victory-against-Tottenham-Hotspur-means-Demba-Ba-can-look-forward-to-happier-viewing-after.html

Newcastle United's victory against Tottenham Hotspur means Demba Ba can look forward to happier viewing after

It has been more than six months of grim viewing for Demba Ba, but the Newcastle forward can now look forward to a DVD rerun with a rather happier ending after Saturday's 2-1 win over Tottenham.

The Senegal international has put himself in the uncomfortable position of reviewing past games in an effort to identify where he had been going wrong. It proved to be a valuable exercise in self-help, one that culminated with a single, telling swing of the boot to break Tottenham Hotspur's resistance early in the second half.

“After games, I’ve spent a lot of time watching them over again, just to analyse things, trying to see what I had to do to change the bad stuff,” he said after scoring for the first time since February with a fine effort curled into the corner of the net from 15 yards.

Ba’s 17 goals last season were packed into a 4½-month burst from late September. He added: “A lot of things were going on last season, I was playing out wide for much of the time and while I wasn’t frustrated at not scoring, I didn’t get enough of the ball. I was coming too deep and wasn’t there to take the chances.”

His tally might have been doubled but for the swift intervention of Hatem Ben Arfa, who quickly claimed the ball after being upended in the area by substitute Rafael van der Vaart to concede the decisive late penalty. The Frenchman confidently sent Brad Friedel the wrong way to give the hosts a lead they were not to relinquish a second time.

“Hatem just picked the ball up after he was fouled,” Ba added. “I didn’t know he was going to take the penalty and, to be honest, I thought I’d be taking it, but this time he was faster than me to it.

“I’ll take the next one we get, but I’ll have to make sure I’m a little faster on my feet in getting to the ball.”

Having for the past month observed Ramadan, which ended yesterday, Ba, a devout Muslim, now no longer has to fast during daylight hours. “Fasting can make it difficult in terms of your energy levels, but only if you do it without a reason. When you have a strong belief like I do, then it’s easy. I have faith and that helps me.”

The penalty situation does sound like a recipe for disaster tbh :lol:

We need it decided before a game and before we have players sprinting for the ball as soon as it looks like we might have won a penalty.

We need it decided before a game and before we have players sprinting for the ball as soon as it looks like we might have won a penalty.

:llorente?:

:llorente?:

The most important rule in this whole thing should be if Shola is on the pitch, he takes it. No excuses.

Ben Arfa doesn't look in the direction he's putting his penalty ......... must've meant to pass it square to Thierry Henry. :)