Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Like anything in life you have to pay the going rate if you want to buy it....I don't go into PC world and say I'd like an iPad please but I only want to pay a quarter of what it's worth....end result I'd leave empty handed

Every other club is paying what they need to to get the playing staff they need we are such a penny pinching tight arse club I mean what is the point in offering these paltry amounts that we do for players it just makes us look a complete embarrassment and a total cowboy outfit

Really! That's bad if we're in a minority of one.

However we must have some amazing negotiators in our hierarchy if we picked up all those players in January at a fraction of their market value. Happy days.

Like anything in life you have to pay the going rate if you want to buy it....I don't go into PC world and say I'd like an iPad please but I only want to pay a quarter of what it's worth....end result I'd leave empty handed

Every other club is paying what they need to to get the playing staff they need we are such a penny pinching tight arse club I mean what is the point in offering these paltry amounts that we do for players it just makes us look a complete embarrassment and a total cowboy outfit

Might not be the right thread for this rant.

Fact is Chelsea were the only team willing to pay £7m for Demba because of the knee issue. If they are going to ask for big money then there are not going to be many interested this time for the same reasons. If there wasn't the medical issues clubs would pay twice that amount.

They paid what was required due to the utterly ridiculous get out clause we added to his contract. Not sure why Jose does not rate him mind, gone there and not really featured not even under Benny.

From .com:

Demba Ba-ck?

Update: the BBC ran a piece on Thursday quoting a representative of Demba Ba as saying that the player would rather remain at Chelsea this season and there's nothing in talk of a return to Newcastle. 

The almost inevitable claims of a return to Tyneside for Magpies old boy Demba Ba did the rounds ahead of Wednesday's League Cup win - seemingly prompted by Chelsea circulating the player's availability.

There's undoubted interest from Newcastle in the striker, but some confusion over whether his present club are content to loan him out or prefer a permanent deal. A temporary switch seems to be our preferred option, but the claimed loan fee of £3m will doubtless be a problem.

However the issues that clouded Ba's goal-rich time in toon remain, not least of which is a pre-existing issue with his knee that didn't affect his availability while a Magpies, but have contractual/medical ramifications.

There's also the little matter of the tactical dilemma of pairing Ba with his Senegal colleague Papiss Cisse that was never resolved to the satisfaction of both players.

And it's also unclear whether Ba (and his numerous agents) would be keen on making a return to Tyneside, or would prefer to take his talents overseas.

Previous claims of interest from clubs in both the Gulf and Russia have been made, while more recently a link with Serie A side AS Roma was doing the rounds.

Sky claim that Newcastle are one of six Premier League clubs to have enquired about Ba and that list is likely to include another of his former clubs - West Ham.

A second stint at the Boleyn could appeal to the player if he's developed a liking for London life, although his departure from the relegated Hammers left a sour taste in the mouths of some fans and prompted some racist abuse from one guest at the club's end of season awards night.

Of course, this could all just be a huge misunderstanding caused by our Director of F***all asking for directions to the nearest ale house. If not, let's hope someone checks with Ba that our latest shirt sponsor is acceptable... 

Guest Phil K

Ba and Gomis will be here by the close of the transfer window.

You're half right IMO.

Ba maybe, doubt it tho' - Gomis will cost money, and we'll just go around and around again with the same bloody story. Greedy Aulas, even greedier agent, etc etc

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m

Sky Sources understand that Arsenal have made an enquiry for Chelsea striker Demba Ba: #SkyDeadlineDay

Not really an Arsenal player imo but good luck to him - we would probably expect him to play for nowt.

Guest palnese

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m

Sky Sources understand that Arsenal have made an enquiry for Chelsea striker Demba Ba: #SkyDeadlineDay

Not really an Arsenal player imo but good luck to him - we would probably expect him to play for nowt.

Not really an Arsenal player? Like Giroud is an "Arsenal player"?

Would think Jose would rather loan him to us than Arsenal

They probably don't care as long as someone hands over the mooted 3m loan fee. Arsenal and Liverpool are no longer title rivals in their eyes.

that would assume they think of Arsenal as any kind of threat.

Knowing Mourinho he's going to pull the deal at 23.59 so they can't get a striker in.

that would assume they think of Arsenal as any kind of threat.

They'd be daft as fuck loaning to Arsenal. Really would confuse the hell out of me if true.

Cmon Jose, help us out mate!