Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest VegasToon

Guthrie > Reo-Coker tbh.

Guthrie is really good or really bad.  Maybe with a little more time he can become consistant.

Guthrie > Reo-Coker tbh.

Guthrie is really good or really bad.  Maybe with a little more time he can become consistant.

Guthrie is a jack of all trades and a master of none. NRC could at least be a proper holding role alternative to Tiote.

Guthrie > Reo-Coker tbh.

Guthrie hasn't been 'really good' in about 15 months. NRC is twice the player.

Guest bimpy474

How much did West Ham pay for Demba Ba?

£6M i think.

and they actually agreed to a contract which would let him go for free if they go down

thats about as stupid as you get

Reading about it as well, it looks like it was appearance based though, mainly because he failed the medical, so far maybe West Ham haven't paid too much, these undisclosed transfer fees really suck.

Reo-Coker is s****. I really don't think you should be using "he's an upgrade on Smith" as justification for getting him.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2a6td1i.jpg

Love how she is pointing right to the quote. :lol:

In regards to Reo-Coker, I said on TT I didn't think he would be worth it as we have plenty of CMs, I was up for it before we signed Cabaye as I was worried about Tiote going to the ACN but Cabaye sounds like a massive upgrade on Guthrie who did well in Tiote's absence.

However...someone reminded me he had a stint at right back for Villa and if memory serves me correctly (Brummie, feel free to make me look a complete idiot) he actually performed surprisingly well there.

Really not sure, he is by no means a top class player but as a squad utility player is he an upgrade on the likes of Guthrie, Raylor, Perch etc? I know people will point to the wages but if we are to upgrade on those mentioned we will struggle (imo) to get proven players in who are better and would be happy to fill in.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Guthrie > Reo-Coker tbh.

Guthrie hasn't been 'really good' in about 15 months. NRC is twice the player.

I'd rather have Reo-Coker than Guthrie.

More athletic and will contribute more to the team. Guthrie's just been a grafter with little quality this season.

Ready made song for him a la Oh Shola Ameobi....'your foot bone connected to your heel bone, etc....Demba Demba Dem-ba Ba. Demba Demba...'

Or to expand, when his knee inevitably gives way in pre-season, "His knee disconnected from his leg bone..."

Guest bimpy474

Paul Smith broke the Neil Taylor bid on his twitter last week so he's got a bit of credibility.

:smiley6600:

Also going on the radio and talking about/quoting people like he did earlier on Talksport you tend to believe it, rather than a transfer story in a paper that you can clearly see is made up.