Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Is it me or is Ashleys shrewd Business head really starting to pay dividends with the transfers we make?

Well for the price of a Henderson, we have got a:

Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba*, Gosling, Best, Simpson, Williamson.

With around £5m left to stick on black.

Not bad :lol:

*If he does sign.

christ when its put like that puts how crazy the Henderson deal was, thats almost a complete 11 and not a bad one either

According to who and what?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnjejp551-0Hg7LIzbBzMB8JLnXHrnp7X-YwU9nJwmPeEH6xbM

:lol:

"I'm getting the name... John! Is there a John in the audience?"

Guest jonnyameobi

Daft question maybe, but how is this a free transfer? If stoke were going to pay 7.1million last season.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes Demba Ba is a ticking timebomb after West Ham agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal for the Senegal striker.

Ba’s £7.1million move to Stoke collapsed when he failed a medical because of a knee injury, and Pulis said he could not have continued in good faith.

‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him,’ said Pulis, who has seen Ba, 25, score three goals in four games.

‘But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk. Luckily for him and West Ham, nothing’s happened.

'However, we could’ve lost him after a training session and the money Hoffenheim wanted was unreasonable.’

Worrying.

Hes on a free and there will surely be clauses protecting us from his injury problems.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis believes Demba Ba is a ticking timebomb after West Ham agreed a three-and-a-half-year deal for the Senegal striker.

Ba’s £7.1million move to Stoke collapsed when he failed a medical because of a knee injury, and Pulis said he could not have continued in good faith.

‘If he’d been close to being OK we would’ve signed him,’ said Pulis, who has seen Ba, 25, score three goals in four games.

‘But the medical reports we had showed there was a massive risk. Luckily for him and West Ham, nothing’s happened.

'However, we could’ve lost him after a training session and the money Hoffenheim wanted was unreasonable.’

Worrying.

Hes on a free and there will surely be clauses protecting us from his injury problems.

Definitely. I have absolutely full faith that if we are signing him it is under terms that suit us.

Guest VegasToon

Daft question maybe, but how is this a free transfer? If stoke were going to pay 7.1million last season.

Release clause in contract because of West Ham dropping to Championship.

Have to say he has impressed me from the few games i've seen him in. For free it's a no brainer really even with a suspect knee.

Now that frees up extra money to land Zog and another premium Striker.  Be very pleased if we can pull off those two signings also.

How much did West Ham eventually pay for him?

If he comes on the free as suggested we have done them out of the money they paid for him and add that to the £6 million we got off them for Dyer. We have absolutely merked West Ham.

Think he'll be a great addition tbh Ba-ring injuires :pow:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Earlier on this afternoon before any press reports came out a lad on toontastic said his mate seen Demba Ba and Nigel Reo Coker come out of the ground.

So there might be something in it!

Have to say he has impressed me from the few games i've seen him in. For free it's a no brainer really even with a suspect knee.

Now that frees up extra money to land Zog and another premium Striker.  Be very pleased if we can pull off those two signings also.

There's more than enough in the pot to keep Barton and Nolan around as well as things stand. If we spend big money on another striker that might change of course but I'm not sure we will.

Now that frees up extra money to land Zog and another premium Striker.  Be very pleased if we can pull off those two signings also.

Here's the thing, do we really need a marquee name to join for a massive transfer fee, if we pack the midfield with excellent talent as we seem to be trying to do? If we create enough chances, we won't really need big names up front. If we manage to get one of CNZ or Gervinho, then I personally wouldn't be against a striker pool of Best, Ba, Long and Ameobi for next season. Obviously it would be excellent if we could fetch a big name up front, but the contingency plan, if nee fucker wants to join, isn't a bad one if we get our midfield right.

Earlier on this afternoon before any press reports came out a lad on toontastic said his mate seen Demba Ba and Nigel Reo Coker come out of the ground.

So there might be something in it!

If he's here as a squad player to replace Smith, run around a bit and have a bit of energy and show commitment to the club, I'd have no problems with him whatsoever.

Would NRC be an improvement on Smith, if he were to leave? I suppose if we got a nominal fee for Smith and picked up Reo-Coker for nowt, it wouldn't be the worst bit of business in the world. Be a shame to waste our valuable wage budget on complete shite though, if that's what he is.

Is he as versatile as O'Neill seemed to think? Can't beat a bit of squad depth.

Would NRC be an improvement on Smith, if he were to leave? I suppose if we got a nominal fee for Smith and picked up Reo-Coker for nowt, it wouldn't be the worst bit of business in the world. Be a shame to waste our valuable wage budget on complete s**** though, if that's what he is.

Is he as versatile as O'Neill seemed to think? Can't beat a bit of squad depth.

Errr Yes.

We need a striker man. Ba is great because of this contractual sitatuation but if his knee blows we're back to square one (plus he'll be off in January too).

I'm sure we will go after another striker.