Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has been named Barclays Player of the Month after scoring five goals in six Premier League games during December.

Ba's first season at Newcastle has already been a huge success, with the Senegalese frontman producing a series of impressive performances.

In early December, despite Newcastle's form dipping for a few matches, he scored doubles in the games against Norwich and West Brom.

Newcastle recorded their first win of December away to Bolton, with Ba scoring the second goal in a 2-0 victory for Alan Pardew's men.

It is Ba's first Barclays Player of the Month Award, and the Senegal international has now scored an impressive 15 goals in just 19 Premier League games for Newcastle since his summer move from West Ham.

Copy and pasted from some article talking about O'Neil winning manager of the month.

i doubt he has a release clause. but iwouldn't rule it out.

he wanted a release clause with the hammers as they were relegated into the championship.  West ham wanted him more than he wanted them thus he had the upper hand of demanding the clause.

signing for newcastle, i believe he wanted us at the time, more than we wanted him as not many bigger clubs demanded him then,.  so i doubt he would have risked the transfer falling through by demanding a release clause.

but that's just my take on it, it wouldn't completely surprised me if the clause was included.  who knows, until pard confirms anything.

i doubt he has a release clause. but iwouldn't rule it out.

he wanted a release clause with the hammers as they were relegated into the championship.  West ham wanted him more than he wanted them thus he had the upper hand of demanding the clause.

signing for newcastle, i believe he wanted us at the time, more than we wanted him as not many bigger clubs demanded him then,.  so i doubt he would have risked the transfer falling through by demanding a release clause.

but that's just my take on it, it wouldn't completely surprised me if the clause was included.  who knows, until pard confirms anything.

Will be interesting to see what Pardew says. I reckon he'll be well angry with Redknapp no matter what.