Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Roger Kint

KTD89 K.T-D

Might not be true, but just heard that Pardew was on @talkSPORT and said Ba's release clause is in fact £9 million. #nufc

Someone on here :lol:

What a tool :D

:lol: Okay, so I'll take back my hatred a little, it seems the process was

KD Talking shite -> Colocho tweeting it -> colocho deleting tweet, not...

Colocho tweeting it -> KD telling us cos he read the tweet -> colocho deleting tweet

That's a little more acceptable.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Okay, so I'll take back my hatred a little, it seems the process was

KD Talking shite -> Gets called WUM by everyone(even Colocho didnt beleive) -> Colocho tweeting it -> colocho deleting tweet, not...

Colocho tweeting it -> KD telling us cos he read the tweet -> colocho deleting tweet

That's a little more acceptable.

FYP :D

one last thing before I ignore this thread for the rest of jan

why would Ashley agree to a release clause? and how exactly was Ba in a position to demand a release clause when there wasn't exactly a big que of clubs trying to grab his signature when it was free and with his dodgy knee it wasn't exactly the strongest bargaining position in history

Harry Redknapp .... so friggin' predictable.

I'm pretty sure Harry Redknapp is fantasizing about this guy already. The twitchy perv. They (Tottenham) will be a nuisance regarding Ba next summer, guaranteed.

why would Ashley agree to a release clause? and how exactly was Ba in a position to demand a release clause when there wasn't exactly a big que of clubs trying to grab his signature when it was free and with his dodgy knee it wasn't exactly the strongest bargaining position in history

He only wants to make 300% profit remember. No more, no less.

Well exactly. :snod:

I said earlier (along with everyone else, like yourself) that it would have been us in the driving seat when it game to contract details. I have no doubt about that.

It'll be a good contract that pleases both the player and agent...but it will not be full of special clauses that benefit the player.

don't agree, redknapp wouldn't be spouting this unless he thought it was true at least

you all make it sound like Ba was being picked up off the fucking street man...lets not forget ashley clearly wanted a striker without paying a fee so perhaps if his deal is heavily incentivised (sp) based on how much he plays, we had to agree to a minimum clause to 'get the deal over the line'?

Guest sicko2ndbest

The question still stands though

Would you pay £9-10m for him when his knee has that much history/potential to go?

Its a lot different when he is free on an incentive based contract, which by the way must make him the leagues highest paid player!

Big Mike and his incentive based contracts? It will never work in football.......................

I bet there's a clause alright. For his contract to be ripped up should anything happen to his knee.

He clearly didn't seem to have that many amazing offers last summer, and so he really wouldn't have been in a position to request any kind of clause. The clause for West Ham was to protect against them getting relegated, as he clearly didn't want to play in the championship.

Would be very surprising to say the least.

He only wants to make 300% profit remember. No more, no less.

I'm sure they'd be happy to make more.

Has it been confirmed that he has a release clause?  After reading Karen Brady's bitchy piece in the paper the other day i supposed he could do.

no and I fully believe that its that bitchy piece where Redknapp is getting this shit

Has it been confirmed that he has a release clause?  After reading Karen Brady's bitchy piece in the paper the other day i supposed he could do.

How would Karen Brady know all the in's and out's of Demba's contract with Newcastle?

Surely whatever has been agreed between Newcastle and Demba has nothing to do with West Ham as they stopped been his employer as soon as the release clause was activated

Harry Redknapp can f*** right off. 6 more months until he's England manager (hopefully) and then he can finally stop his f***ing nonsense of tapping up/unsettling players in public.

Karren Brady can also fuck off too. It was West Ham's fault they give him a silly contract (relegation release clause and all that) when he was there. Whiny bitch.

How would Karen Brady know all the in's and out's of Demba's contract with Newcastle?

Surely whatever has been agreed between Newcastle and Demba has nothing to do with West Ham as they stopped been his employer as soon as the release clause was activated

Because people talk to each other, i'm sure within football a lot of people will know a lot about players contracts, we ourselves have no doubt used this.

Heres my conspiracy theories,

Newcastle want Tomkins but don't want to pay the money, Brady and West Ham hate MA and NUFC for the Ba deal plus big Sam sticking his rod in, HR has strong links with WH, Targeting BA keeps Spurs fans wanting and thinking they will get a goal scorer, HR will highlight the possibility of a clause for other teams to take advantage of.......all of the above add up to a load of shit stirring and underhand tactics.