Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Mantis

Cheers.  He's totally predictable. Been linked with every in form player since he joined spurs.  Hope Ba is not going anywhere this window, but everyone is available at the right price.  Great to see him get the award, well deserved.

Guest Roger Kint

Ba netted twice in a 4-2 defeat away at Norwich early in December, followed by a brace at home against West Brom, and he then broke the deadlock at Bolton on Boxing Day as the Magpies won 2-0.

I'm sure Ben Arfa scored first in that game.  Obviously not.  f*** me for watching it on a dodgy Norwegian channel in the pub.  Messing with my mind.

Arfa scored first.

aye I know.  Its me criticising the shoddy journalism that frequently appears on the official site.

One of the papers had him scoring two on Wednesday as well, fucking useless bastards

There's no way in hell we'd put a release clause into the contract of someone like Ba.

Limits our chances of getting a mental bid for him on a transfer deadline day in the future.

just reminds me of how much i hate redknapp...ill go through a phase where i sorta forget and like the way he sets his team out (attacking with no tactics) but then bang, absolute prick

Absolute pet hate of mine is when these 'clauses' comes out and it's brought up every 5 minutes!

Just like Xisco  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Have we EVER had a minimum release clause in a players contract under Ashley? Owen was the only one I remember us having and that wasn't under this ownership.

There's no way in hell we'd put a release clause into the contract of someone like Ba.

Limits our chances of getting a mental bid for him on a transfer deadline day in the future.

is there no way in hell? or is it just unlikely? and maybe a little bit more likely considering we didnt pay a transfer fee for him? maybe meaning we'd be willing to give him a clause so we didn't have to look elsewhere and risk paying a fee?

I guess if we are going to be looking out for our best interests and inserting a release clause should he's knees break, it's understandable that he would equally want to protect his interests by having a release clause of his own. Seeing as he was free I could see it being agreed.

The regime have been very predictable in the sense they'll usually act in a way that would put the club in a better financial position, regardless of how the fans feel about it.

A release clause, especially one of the nature we have capitalised on in the past, seems unlikely to me.

The regime have been very predictable in the sense they'll usually act in a way that would put the club in a better financial position, regardless of how the fans feel about it.

A release clause, especially one of the nature we have capitalised on in the past, seems unlikely to me.

If the choice was Ba on a free with a release clause (which involves a certain amount of money coming IN to the club if it's activated) or paying a transfer for someone else, I could easily see us giving him that clause.

I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not as cut and dry as some are trying to make out imo.

Either way we should be improving his contract at the end of the season to the sort Tiote's on.

If there was a clause I can't believe it wouldn't have been activated already. He seems happy and settled in teh squad and i'm going to keep on believing that right up till he's playing for totenham and I'm crying.

The only reason there is this clause talk is because that premenstrual slag said something along the lines of she hopes Ba hasn't insisted on a clause like he had with them isn't it?

As said before, if he had one someone would have activated it by now, he is the second best striker in the league. As someone else also said, he came begging to us for a contract after most were scared off by his Al Qaeda knee so we were not in a position to have to bow down and insert such things into his contract. We had the upper hand.

It's all nonsense imo.

Even though he came on a free the general talk put about has been that the deal wasn't cheap by any means. Why would we have sunk a good sum of money into signing him if we were going to put a release clause in there?