Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If he's all about the money then surely he'll just stay at Chelsea taking home his silly wages for doing nothing.

Well not really. Even if it was about the money, presumably he'll still get the silly wages and he'll now also play some football. Best of both worlds.

That would rely on Chelsea paying him something daft like £70,000 per week to play for someone else.

Yep, presumably that would have to happen, because we wouldn't pay all his wages.

In all honesty: Ben Arfa - Ba - Rémy is a top four quality forward line-up.

It sucks that they'd be managed by a League One manager.

So the two on loan get in the side ahead of our number 9 striker...sure he'll be pleased. Great management.

I think we should sell our number 9 if he can be replaced of course.

Cisse is just too 1 dimensional sadly.

Guest bimpy474

So the two on loan get in the side ahead of our number 9 striker...sure he'll be pleased. Great management.

While i agree, i would hope the manager picks on form, whoever that is.

I remember Ba doing well in the position out on the left, but personally i remember myself and quite a few others thinking that in the longterm we'd like to see another player in that position who's better with the ball at his feet.

We've got that in Remy...who needs new signings then  :rolleyes:

Yes, but ideally i would like to play Remy as a CF. And get another player for the left forward role and one as backup for Remy and Cissé. A young and hungry one..

So you'd like a new winger (not Ba), Remy CF and Cisse on the bench?

Given Cisse's form would anyone want him starting?

We did well enough with Ba and Cisse two seasons ago. Besides, there is no need to start every striker in every game. This is a concept Pardew never grasped previously, and if he wants more striker options he needs to get it into his thick skull now.

Remy

Ayew            Ben Arfa

That's what i'd like to see, Ayew's end product isn't 'perfect' but i really do like him as a player. Add Goldberg to compete with Remy and Cissé. Champions league quality front 3.

I remember Ba doing well in the position out on the left, but personally i remember myself and quite a few others thinking that in the longterm we'd like to see another player in that position who's better with the ball at his feet.

We've got that in Remy...who needs new signings then  :rolleyes:

Yes, but ideally i would like to play Remy as a CF. And get another player for the left forward role and one as backup for Remy and Cissé. A young and hungry one..

So you'd like a new winger (not Ba), Remy CF and Cisse on the bench?

Given Cisse's form would anyone want him starting?

We did well enough with Ba and Cisse two seasons ago. Besides, there is no need to start every striker in every game. This is a concept Pardew never grasped previously, and if he wants more striker options he needs to get it into his thick skull now.

Fair point mind I should rephrase then.

I don't think Cisse should be our main striker

Remy

Ayew            Ben Arfa

That's what i'd like to see, Ayew's end product isn't 'perfect' but i really do like him as a player. Add Goldberg to compete with Remy and Cissé. Champions league quality front 3.

Rather have Steve Austin if we're going down that route.

Should never go back. He just did not work with Cisse and Pardew couldn't work it all out. If Cisse is staying we need someone that could compliment his skills which both remy n gomis probably could.

If we want a left winger lets sign a left winger and not just shunt a striker there. Both Sinclair n Ince would have been fine for us.

Yeah don't get me wrong, if Cisse gets put in a side with the quality and service and fails to deliver, by all means drop him, i'm sure even he would understand that. However from the two games so far and the service he's been offered, dropping him for new signings straight away would be foolish imo and unfair. He deserves a run in the side when we’ve got our full team out to prove he has the quality to shine again in our side.

Would love Pards to have the balls to pick players on form.  Don't think he's every done it once in his time here.  He picks on name only.  We've pretty much got an 11 which are guaranteed a starting place no matter how pish they've been.  No competition for places bar left back slot.  Too many players coasting along.

Should never go back. He just did not work with Cisse and Pardew couldn't work it all out. If Cisse is staying we need someone that could compliment his skills which both remy n gomis probably could.

If we want a left winger lets sign a left winger and not just shunt a striker there. Both Sinclair n Ince would have been fine for us.

If the Gomis deal is not going to happen then I think this is a very good alternative short term. Ba is proven and there isn't a better striker out there to grab a goal from Pardew's abominable football.

Guest bimpy474

Would love Pards to have the balls to pick players on form.  Don't think he's every done it once in his time here.  He picks on name only.  We've pretty much got an 11 which are guaranteed a starting place no matter how pish they've been.  No competition for places bar left back slot.  Too many players coasting along.

Absolutely. Hence the unbelievable picking of Tiote and Jonas most of last season despite how bad they were playing. He needs to be ruthless but wont i fear.

Any decently run club the size of NUFC wouldn't have been in the position of scratching around trying to get a player on loan who made it transparently clear that he didn't want to be here last January.

Unfortunately, NUFC is NOT run as it should be and in those circumstances probably the best they can do is to get hold of a player on a temporary basis who was comparatively successful during his permanent spell at SJP.No doubt the fans who were glad to see the back of him will welcome him back with open arms after another shambles of a transfer window.

As has been said, beggars can't be choosers and NUFC are well and truly in the beggar category unless and until someone with enough dosh buys the club and invests in a proper manager and players.

Why not give Ba a whirl ? They certainly don't look as if they have a chance of anyone better.....the only surprise to me would be Ba willing to play for Pardew's set up again.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah don't get me wrong, if Cisse gets put in a side with the quality and service and fails to deliver, by all means drop him, i'm sure even he would understand that. However from the two games so far and the service he's been offered, dropping him for new signings straight away would be foolish imo and unfair. He deserves a run in the side when we’ve got our full team out to prove he has the quality to shine again in our side.

Only one drawback though Brett, since Ba left and arguably a bit before that, Pardew has shown no real ability to use the team in way that helps Cisse. Unfortunately Ba, Gomis and Remy (pace) to an extent suit his crap football more.