Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Some competition from the mackems....... quoting 9m

From the Sun....

Erd a rumour on Wearside

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

SUNDERLAND are trying to snatch Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erding from under the noses of bitter rivals Newcastle.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is eyeing up a £9million swoop for the Turkey hitman.

Erding is set to be offloaded after PSG signed Kevin Gameiro from Lille.

Lille and Rennes are also interested in Erding, 24, who was PSG's player of the season in 2010 after costing them £8m from Sochaux two summers ago.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635552/Sunderland-aim-to-beat-rivals-Newcastle-to-Mevlut-Erding.html#ixzz1PCV32wXs

As someone who lived in France and occasionally went to Psg I can tell people that erding is quite s****. Him and ameobi in the front 2 on a bad day could lead to serious anger and frustration issues

What's with his inflated price tag then if he's shite?

I'm not going to doubt this guys talent but this doesn't seem to a big massive name with a big massive like we were lead to believe.

Not when he's being pushed out by Gameiro.

PSG reject and a Bloke with a dodgy knee.  What dreams are made of.

PSG reject?! You are unreal.

You'd think 2 scouting networks would realise that a player easily capable of missing open goals isn't worth a high sum, whether it is 10mil or 6-9mil. I'll still wait and see for myself.

I know nothing of this player but once again I think a few are perhaps getting carried away with where we are at the moment. The Carroll money means fuck all if we're not willing to pay the wages expensive players demand, and we're nowhere near Champions League football which again is what the really good players want.

First and foremost we need to upgrade on the strikers we have. Ba certainly is that, and almost by default this guy will be.

From the Sun....

Erd a rumour on Wearside

SUNDERLAND are trying to snatch Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erding from under the noses of bitter rivals Newcastle.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce is eyeing up a £9million swoop for the Turkey hitman.

Lille and Rennes are also interested in Erding, 24, who was PSG's player of the season in 2010 after costing them £8m from Sochaux two summers ago.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635552/Sunderland-aim-to-beat-rivals-Newcastle-to-Mevlut-Erding.html#ixzz1PCV32wXs

Great journalism as always.

From the Sun....

Erd a rumour on Wearside

Great journalism as always.

Ha, indeed.

EDIT: And note the following sentence.

Sorry for the negativity lads, but my Psg mates who have seen a lot more of him than I have say he is truly bad! At best he would be a cross between shola and kuyt I reckon. If you want a laugh have a look at his goalkeeping team mate edel.

showed well at sochaux to get the PSG move and while there has had a very bad spell to go with a good one. some of management is seeing something no-one else sees. i remember coventry fans laughing at us for paying 6 million for bellamy and we couldn't blame them when we remembered his performance up here for them.

I know nothing of this player but once again I think a few are perhaps getting carried away with where we are at the moment. The Carroll money means fuck all if we're not willing to pay the wages expensive players demand, and we're nowhere near Champions League football which again is what the really good players want.

First and foremost we need to upgrade on the strikers we have. Ba certainly is that, and almost by default this guy will be.

Quality post.  :thup:

Realistically, is Ba any more proven in the Premier League than Leon Best?  Both have good records from only a handful of games.

Not that I wouldn't welcome him signing or owt.

As someone who lived in France and occasionally went to Psg I can tell people that erding is quite s****. Him and ameobi in the front 2 on a bad day could lead to serious anger and frustration issues

What's with his inflated price tag then if he's s****?

I think Psg paid 10m or so for him, and he has had a few ok games but he is certainly not top class, when you pay 10m you aren't going to let him go for 3 or 4. I have seen a few Psg games but friends of mine who are season ticket holders say they would drive him here. The sort of player who could have an open goal from 3 yards out but you wouldn't get out of your seat till you had checked the videprinter to confirm a goal.

Yet he's averaged a goal every 2.3 games for PSG.  How many open goal chances do they create??

I know nothing of this player but once again I think a few are perhaps getting carried away with where we are at the moment. The Carroll money means f*** all if we're not willing to pay the wages expensive players demand, and we're nowhere near Champions League football which again is what the really good players want.

Quality post.  :thup:

even if we are willing to pay the wages ,because of geography and the pull of the champs league we may have to pay way over the odds in wages to get them.

I think Psg paid 10m or so for him, and he has had a few ok games but he is certainly not top class, when you pay 10m you aren't going to let him go for 3 or 4. I have seen a few Psg games but friends of mine who are season ticket holders say they would drive him here. The sort of player who could have an open goal from 3 yards out but you wouldn't get out of your seat till you had checked the videprinter to confirm a goal.

Yet he's averaged a goal every 2.3 games for PSG.  How many open goal chances do they create??

And was voted their player of the year for the 2009/10 season.

Yet he's averaged a goal every 2.3 games for PSG.  How many open goal chances do they create??

And was voted their player of the year for the 2009/10 season.

Scoring more goals than Asamoah Gyan that season too.

(No penalties to boost his scoring either)

Kuyt is actually a decent comparison. He is a quick, strong player that is a fighter on the pitch and always gives full effort. This season he lost his confidence in front of goal, but he was very prolific for PSG last season and Sochaux in the past. He's not as technically gifted as someone like Gameiro, which is probably why he struggles when confidence is low. (similar to Oba) He was a monster at Sochaux. Not a great player, but a good Premiership striker, imo. If we can get him at a lower price, it would be a good acquisition, imo. morgs is far too harsh. :lol:

Good mentor for Nile as well:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9141/n1447590482302269671380.jpg

Realistically, is Ba any more proven in the Premier League than Leon Best?  Both have good records from only a handful of games.

Not that I wouldn't welcome him signing or owt.

Ba is at least proven in another of Europe's better leagues. Best by comparison has a pretty poor record in the Championship.

Kuyt is actually a decent comparison. He is a quick, strong player that is a fighter on the pitch and always gives full effort. This season he lost his confidence in front of goal, but he was very prolific for PSG last season and Sochaux in the past. He's not as technically gifted as someone like Gameiro, which is probably why he struggles when confidence is low. (similar to Oba) He was a monster at Sochaux. Not a great player, but a good Premiership striker, imo. If we can get him at a lower price, it would be a good acquisition, imo. morgs is far too harsh. :lol:

Cheers  :thup:

Sounds like kind of guy that would do well with a good midfield behind him. He also has age on his side.

If we can get him cheap because his stock is at a low eb then it could turn out to be a decent deal. Like I said before, if the scouts think he's good then I trust their judgement.