Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Looks like we're going to be stuck with Shola for the foreseeable future :kinnear:

But from the transfer rumour thread:

And Sammy's tweet:

@Sammy_Ameobi Samuel Ameobi

Where is everyone finding the info that shola wants out? I can't find it anywhere?

Mind you Sammy could easily ask Shola :laugh:

http://www.foot24.eu/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1854

Sir Alex Ferguson's club have asked for a fee of €11m which PSG have agreed, but the arrival of the Bulgarian is linked with the departure of Mevlut Erding to Newcastle. If during negotiations the €11m initially demanded was deemed too expensive by Newcastle, PSG could now be prepared to accept €9m for the player.

We're in a strong position if them signing Berbatov is depending on this transfer. They'll see Berbatov as their marquee signing and statement of intent across Europe. They'll not want to potentially scupper that over a few million Euros for Erding so can definitely see us getting a bit more off.

N Taylor and Barnetta are probably close, so we should take our time with our final signing (except Jose's replacement). Wait to see what happens with Sturridge and maybe by that time Erding's price has dropped again. Sturridge needs to be first choice though, as I think it's very do-able.

N Taylor and Barnetta are probably close, so we should take our time with our final signing (except Jose's replacement). Wait to see what happens with Sturridge and maybe by that time Erding's price has dropped again. Sturridge needs to be first choice though, as I think it's very do-able.

Isn't Sturridge just someone who would be a good signing in theory though? No indication yet he's leaving Chelsea or we're interested.

Isn't Sturridge just someone who would be a good signing in theory though? No indication yet he's leaving Chelsea or we're interested.

Yeah think Sturridge is just wishful thinking on our point, would love him though just don't know what the chances of being able to get him are.

The long wait would be to see what Villas-Boas does. If he gets Falcao and Lukaku, Sturridge is right down the list. With £35m burning a hole, I think we have to be at least interested in him. One of the journos suggested we were.

Sturridge been linked to us on loan somewhere recently, and Douglas has said there are people within the club that likes him, but that he probably will end up costing too much/demand too big of a salary.

Guest taps01

What makes you say Barnetta is close?  You are not the first person to say that.

Guest taps01

What makes you say Barnetta is close?  You are not the first person to say that.

Douglas said a few days ago that he believed that Barnetta was the most advanced of the remaining targets (apart from Taylor), plus Twatter has been going nuts with rumours of him being on Tyneside.

And he is now saying our interest has cooled.