Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

First off, I think this would be a very good signing.....but...

My fear is that if he has another run of poor form, supporters (especially this lot)  will not give him time, and he becomes "another luque"

That is the case for any new signing

First off, I think this would be a very good signing.....but...

My fear is that if he has another run of poor form, supporters (especially this lot)  will not give him time, and he becomes "another luque"

This would be nothing like the Luque signing.

Bit like Bellamy?

Gameiro is similar to Bellamy. I'd personally say Erdinc is more similar to what Tevez used to be... bulldoggish. He's good in the air .and has got a great leap on him. Will be a good player, was only underwhelmed by us potentially. signing him when we were linked to Gameiro and Gervinho.

What he's excelled at, at PSG is forcing defenders into making mistakes. Hopefully players like Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa will capitalise on that if he joins us...

Bit like Bellamy?

Gameiro is similar to Bellamy. I'd personally say Erdinc is more similar to what Tevez used to be... bulldoggish. He's good in the air .and has got a great leap on him. Will be a good player, was only underwhelmed by us potentially. signing him when we were linked to Gameiro and Gervinho.

What he's excelled at, at PSG is forcing defenders into making mistakes. Hopefully players like Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa will capitalise on that if he joins us...

and that Alan Smith can crop up anywhere.

Guest sicko2ndbest

After checking on Erdinc today, I'm told no offer has been accepted but #NUFC remain in hunt. Lille want him too. Big two weeks.

Echo

Anyone know if he can hit one from range? Or any of our new imports, for that matter? Aside from Barton there's no one in our side who i'd have confidence in twatting one at goal from 20-30 yards. And with the wide role he plays, he doesn't get loads of opportunities. One of those little things we've lacked over the past few years, like the ability to score from corners (which, tbf, Hughton sorta sussed).

Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Marveaux are all supposed to have pretty heavy shooting boots aren't they?

cabaye definitley has...heard marveaux can as well but never actually seen him do it

I have never seen this guy play, but I just have the feeling that this might not be the great signing people on here think it is. Got to say it worries me that we a supposedily buying someone who is deemed surplus to requirements for a team in a league most would say is inferior to ours.

An improvement on what we have currently, no doubt, but that wouldn't take too much. If he signs of course I'll give him a chance and as I've already said i've never seen the lad play so we may be getting a world beater on the cheap but I can't help feeling a litle sceptical here.

I don't understand this surplus to requirements fear, they have recently been bought by mega rich owners and are spending as such.

City fucked off Bellamy and Ireland when they were their best players, doesn't mean they weren't good enough for the club, just that when you have so much money available you can get greedy and sign players for the sake of it while pushing regular performers down the pecking order just because there is a shiny new toy you want to play with.