Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

However, sources close to Newcastle United have told NUFCfans.co.uk that talks with PSG over the €7m (£5.8m) transfer are ‘going well’ and the player is believed to be keen on a move to the Premier League.

Furthermore, Toon officials are confident of concluding a deal for the striker ‘by end of this week or early next week.’

I wouldn't usually cite them as a source, but they have never been wrong.

Erding is back on #NUFC radar - NUFC Latest

I'd rather we just gave up on him & moved on

I'm happy for us to keep pursuing targets if it means we get the right ones. I'm presuming that whatever the scouts saw in him is still there.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/10/erding-is-back-on-nufc-radar-72703-30093298/

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be looking into the possibility of signing Melvut Erding.

The Paris St Germain striker is unsettled with the Ligue 1 side and Chronicle sources have indicated that Toon officials have been in Paris in the last 24 hours.

Newcastle moved for Erding last summer but the 24-year-old turned down a chance to move to St James' Park.

However, the Magpies are thought to be back in for the 12-times capped Turkey international.

Erding has made 11 appearances this season and scored one goal for PSG.

:frantic:

PS: Chronicle sources = Gemmill