Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

This signing as well as Ba's has really got my questioning whether we are indeed going to be playing a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next season.

You've seen Erding play, right?

If we are to sign him and Ba - I can't see us playing a 4-3-3. Unless Erding is to go wide-right?

Was he playing wide right when you described him as "Fantastic" or "Average"?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm interested to see how we work everything out formation wise with (potentially) Erdinc and Ba so :thup:

This signing as well as Ba's has really got my questioning whether we are indeed going to be playing a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next season.

If we are to sign him and Ba - I can't see us playing a 4-3-3. Unless Erding is to go wide-right?

No Erding is an out and out striker. Ba could and has played on the left wing before but definitely better up front as well. Unless one of them is  on the bench and how many others we have got already it would suggest two strikers up front.

If we do play 4-3-3, I reckon Erdinç would do well as a lone striker. He seems to be one of those players who likes the ball being played to his feet so with Ben Arfa on one side and (hopefully) N'Zogbia on the other, I can see us having a very strong frontline.

From what i've seen of Ba and heard of Erdinc i'm sort of hoping we'd just go Erdinc up top by himself (providing we bring these 2 in with no-one better). He seems powerful enough to handle it, and he has the pace and work rate, apparently. Ben Arfa and/or hopefully N'Zogbia (or similar) suporting him.

Have never described him as 'fantastic'. He's a good player, would rather us go for someone a bit more direct.

From what i've seen of Ba and heard of Erdinc i'm sort of hoping we'd just go Erdinc up top by himself (providing we bring these 2 in with no-one better). He seems powerful enough to handle it, and he has the pace and work rate, apparently. Ben Arfa and/or hopefully N'Zogbia (or similar) suporting him.

Even so, I'd be pleased if we could buy another striker as well.

Have never described him as 'fantastic'. He's a good player, would rather us go for someone a bit more direct.

Sorry, it was "great"  :pow:

Direct? I agree if he IS to be actualy playing on the wing (i'd prefer the Zog, obviosly).

Even so, I'd be pleased if we could buy another striker as well.

Without a doubt, I havn't seen him play tbh (that I know of), but after been linked with Gameiro for so long i'm feeling a tad llet down.

If we do play 4-3-3, I reckon Erdinç would do well as a lone striker. He seems to be one of those players who likes the ball being played to his feet so with Ben Arfa on one side and (hopefully) N'Zogbia on the other, I can see us having a very strong frontline.

That's how I see it, with Ba also able to play as the lone striker.

No Erding is an out and out striker. Ba could and has played on the left wing before but definitely better up front as well. Unless one of them is  on the bench and how many others we have got already it would suggest two strikers up front.

I wouldn't say that Ba is definitely better up front, then playing left wing in a 4-3-3 formation. He played most of his games for Hoffenheim as left wing with Ibisevic up front and he did at least an equal, if not better job there. I must admit I haven't seen him much in West Ham, but I've seen him in quite a lot of games for Hoffenheim.

No Erding is an out and out striker. Ba could and has played on the left wing before but definitely better up front as well. Unless one of them is  on the bench and how many others we have got already it would suggest two strikers up front.

I wouldn't say that Ba is definitely better up front, then playing left wing in a 4-3-3 formation. He played most of his games for Hoffenheim as left wing with Ibisevic up front and he did at least an equal, if not better job there. I must admit I haven't seen him much in West Ham, but I've seen him in quite a lot of games for Hoffenheim.

You might have a point but I'm not sure he has the legs for that position anymore. Looked completely shagged after the hour when he played there for West Ham.

Having told a player who likes posing for photos with handguns to find a new club, do we really want to sign a player who likes posing for photos with handguns?

This line of argumentation is very stupid. If Enrique posed for a similar photo, your response would have been, "wtf. jejejejejeje :lol:" or something along that line. You apply negativity to the photo because of the other factors surrounding the player. I have photos of myself with guns, but this doesn't say anything about me.

Joint 22nd in the league for top goal scorer, starting to doubt this move.  :lol:

Just an off season man. He was right up there season before, and had a very solid record for a shite team.

His record his better than Asamoah Gyan's and he will cost half as much seemingly.