Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

The person in question is the player's agent btw. Douglas also says we have an 'offer of £7m in'.

My guess is it's 'Melvut is flattered by the interest, Newcastle are a great club but he wants to play in Europe' etc etc, without actually giving anything much away.

Definitely sound like move is off. Would put a cryptic message like Big news on confirmed signing or positive news if it was the other way round.

Interesting to see where we go next. Doesn't mean for sure we will be signing someone for less money either. Next target could easily be a bigger name or price tag but the board and scouts thought Erding was better value for money. As much as going down the list might mean quality wise, could well mean we are forced to shell out a little more than we wanted to. IE Papa Cisse.

Would like to think Carr has seen Nolan Roux, but I just hope it isn't Long - certainly not for more than £5m.

Douglas said our backup option for Erdinc was a continental-based striker.

we want the big names but names we've been linked to have never been that big..who's next on the list? Long? I sure hope QPR snap up Carlton c*** Cole quickly in the next few days..would make me sleep a lot easier..

Would like to think Carr has seen Nolan Roux, but I just hope it isn't Long - certainly not for more than £5m.

Happy with that :thup: Probably Roux or P Cisse

El Arabi I hope!

I think Erdnic could suit us. We haven't had that "pain in the ass" strike with speed and work ethic since Bellamy left. Similar strikers like Tevez and Shrek do a tremendous job in defense too by pressuring the defense so it's not able to pass the ball to a CM. Hopefully Erdnic could fill Bellamy's shoes

Guest BooBoo

Is anybody else completely bored with this one? Never really seen the lad play and reading between the lines, he's not exactly busting a gut to join us.

If it's a choice between him and nobody, I'd choose giving him a shot but in general I'm very meh about the whole supposed chase. For some reason it reminds me of our long drawn out yet ultimately successful chase of Oba.

PSG are a club with good prospects so I'm not surprised he wants to stay. I suspect he asked for a huge wage from us to compensate for his reluctance to come here. As with Owen, that's not the way to go.

Guest fumiste

Not bothered at all about this guy

He´s not even French

He is french...as Demba Ba.... Both of them have french nationality.