Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

The article did say within 10 days so it may happen before my timer actually finishes :laugh:

But this being NUFC, it's more than likely that it will take the full 10 days....

PSG rumoured to be after anelka. if so erdinc will be pushed further back. not sure he'll be coming here but can't see him being at PSG come september.

Mevlüt Erdinç's manager confirms 'he will not be playing first team football this season'

PSG rumoured to be after anelka. if so erdinc will be pushed further back. not sure he'll be coming here but can't see him being at PSG come september.

Mevlüt Erdinç's manager confirms 'he will not be playing first team football this season'

might not even make the bench at this rate.

His career will go very downhill if he decides to stay at PSG imo.

ALAN Pardew has issued an unflinching ultimatum to Newcastle United’s top striker target Mevlüt Erdinç – as he reassures supporters a second striker will be recruited this summer.

United’s long-standing interest in Erdinç has stalled after the club became embroiled in a bonus row with his agent Pierre Frelot, who told The Journal on Friday that the striker will be staying at Paris Saint-Germain.

The club suspect that the striker remains keen on a switch to St James’ Park despite those unequivocal denials, with Pardew insisting that Newcastle have not killed off their interest just yet.

But the Magpies manager will move on to another target if Erdinç wants to remain “third choice” at what he believes is a smaller club than United.

In an uncompromising message to the Turkey striker, Pardew told The Journal: “It’s quite easy for me. If the boy wants to stay at his club and be third choice and doesn’t want to come to Newcastle then I don’t want him – because Newcastle, for me, are a bigger club.

“I’m not being disrespectful and I know that Paris Saint-Germain are in the Champions League but with our stadium, our support and the squad we’ve got, we’re the bigger club.

“We have to be careful. Some of the things being quoted are not from him and we’ve got to cut through it. It’s difficult to criticise the player because sometimes it’s the agent or someone else not getting what he wants.

“But we won’t bring him to the club if he doesn’t want to be here. We’re not certainly going to force his hand.”

United have other targets – a trio of Continental strikers all under the age of 28, The Journal understands – but Pardew says negotiations for them will progress in parallel with further discussions on Erdinç.

He said: “All transfers are always alive until such time as someone buries them. We’re not burying this one.”

On the wider point of recruiting a striker, the United boss has appealed for calm as Newcastle’s recruitment drive slows.

While United now look unlikely to add to their squad before they set off for America on Friday, Pardew insists the club will not be rushed into moving for a

forward. We’re still confident on bringing a striker in,” he said.

“It makes me laugh when people say time is running out – the deadline isn’t until the end of August.

“It’s obvious we’re looking to get a striker in, we’re not just paying lip service to it. We have made bids, that is in the public domain.

“But we have to make sure it’s the right player, that is the most important thing.” Meanwhile, Pardew has admitted that José Enrique is continuing to stall on signing a lucrative long-term contract at St James’ Park.

The Spanish defender has evaded questions over his future since returning to pre-season and while he won’t be handing in a transfer request, it now looks increasingly likely that he is ready to run down his current deal.

That nightmare scenario would force hand of Newcastle, who believe that Enrique is worth around £7million, and Pardew said: “Jose seems fine but the situation hasn’t really changed.

“He’s made it pretty clear that he still won’t sign a contract and that his future may be elsewhere.

“I’m not really comfortable with that but we’ll have to deal with it and we’re still hoping that he signs a contract with us. There has to be doubt over that

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/13/alan-pardew-insists-newcastle-united-still-want-star-striker-61634-29042741/#ixzz1RydSBOWh

Interesting.  Not keen on Pardew's comments mind, not sure I like the way he handles the media.