Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

f*** off man. Don't let facts get in the way of a vendetta.

You want facts? Check our record for transfer spending since Ashley joined.

Also, since you are suddenly so big on facts, why are you including Erdinc in our squad like he's already signed?

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain to leave with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

there are a lot of people on here who spent the majority of their time making up excuses for Ashley, sympathising with Ashley, or making apologies for Ashley, while not at all considering themselves to be Ashley sympathisers or Ashley apologists. At what point to do you stop trying to appear like you are some sort of considered contrarian valiantly battling against the knee-jerkers, and just actually become an Ashley apologist?

I'm sure once the likes of Routledge go, we'll get cover at full-back, etc. Until then, we can't do owt.

I'm an optimist, but I'm not sure it will be that easy. Hopefully you're right like.

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

So, that's what, £100k a week on wages doing nowt, £5m for the season? As if we'd sanction that. :lol:

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Erding.

No ambition since we've came back up like.

It's all relative ffs, if we were genuinely on the bare bones of our arse then that would be absolutely outstanding. We've brought in £39m worth of fees since January and spent £4.6m, roughly £10m should we get Erding. That's shit.

Erdinc would actually make it £16.75m on transfer fees since January.  Marveaux and Ba will have cost us at least a few million as well as will signing on/agent fees for the rest.  Somewhere between £20m-£24m would be my rough guess.  There should definitely be cash left to spend.

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

Obviously we'll register all three if they're still here, when does a club ever have that many highly-paid players not registered for the squad?? I think never is the answer.

Guest johnson293

You want facts? Check our record for transfer spending since Ashley joined.

Also, since you are suddenly so big on facts, why are you including Erdinc in our squad like he's already signed?

Spent about £48m (up to now) haven't we, in the 4 season he's been here?

That's not a bad outlay for someone who many claim won't spend on players.

Until they're sold, we're stuck with them. Can you see Ashley justifying signing more players and having the likes of Smith and Perch on the books but not registered?

Harper, Krul, Forster

R.Taylor, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Williamson, Simpson, Perch

Ben Arfa, Jonas, Marveaux, Cabaye, Barton, Guthrie, Tiote, Routledge, Smith

Ba, Erding, Ameobi, Xisco, Lovenkrands, Best

Unfortunately until the likes of Routledge, Smith & Xisco definitely leave, we have no space.

Enrique and Routledge will both leave. Can't see a future for either Xisco, Lovenkrands (if Erdinc comes in) or Smith here so it wouldn't surprise me if they were left off the list. Gosling (and Ranger?) need to be added though. Still need to strengthen the defence imo.

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain to leave with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

there are a lot of people on here who spent the majority of their time making up excuses for Ashley, sympathising with Ashley, or making apologies for Ashley, while not at all considering themselves to be Ashley sympathisers or Ashley apologists. At what point to do you stop trying to appear like you are some sort of considered contrarian valiantly battling against the knee-jerkers, and just actually become an Ashley apologist?

:thup:

So, that's what, £100k a week on wages doing nowt, £5m for the season? As if we'd sanction that. :lol:

Hold on a sec, I thought extra wages were coming out of the transfer funds? In which case it wouldn't matter. Now there is some barrier beyond which we can't sanction an extra signing because Alan Smith has 11 months left on his contract.

this really is getting beyond ridiculous now.

I can't see us not registering Xisco & Smith if they've not found a club, otherwise it's basically £5m out of the club doing nothing, not a cat in hell's chance we'd let that happen.

Until they go, I can't see us bringing people in.

And agree on the defence, can see a full-back of some sorts on top of an Enrique replacement if Routledge leaves, for instance.

:clap:

Until they're sold, we're stuck with them. Can you see Ashley justifying signing more players and having the likes of Smith and Perch on the books but not registered?

Harper, Krul, Forster

Unfortunately until the likes of Routledge, Smith & Xisco definitely leave, we have no space.

Enrique and Routledge will both leave. Can't see a future for either Xisco, Lovenkrands (if Erdinc comes in) or Smith here so it wouldn't surprise me if they were left off the list. Gosling (and Ranger?) need to be added though. Still need to strengthen the defence imo.

both u21 so don't count to register I think,

and theres no way Smith etc won't be registered if they're still here, on too much to sanction them sitting on their arse all the time

Imagine how good we could be if we were willing to add to that with the 'fantastic' money we brought in for Carroll, and weren't going into the season still relying on Smith, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Perch and friends in case of the inevitable injuries and suspensions.

We've a good core, which could be even better if that little bit of ambition was matched by our owner's wallet.

It's all relative ffs, if we were genuinely on the bare bones of our arse then that would be absolutely outstanding. We've brought in £39m worth of fees since January and spent £4.6m, roughly £10m should we get Erding. That's shit.

We'll have spent £16.75m on transfer fees since January if we buy Erdinc for £6.5m.  Marveaux and Ba will have cost us a few million as well (as will signing on/agent fees for the rest), so conservatively we'll have spent something just over £20m.  There should definitely be cash left to spend.

I've left out agent fees and signing on fees, it's only since we've had this £35m to spend that the club has suddenly started counting those in money spent. I'm aware that could be a very clever move to make us not get held to ransom due to have a large amount of unspent money, but I choose believe that it's just bullshit from Pardew upwards.

Name one club who'd pay £5m for two players to sit on their backsides all season knowing even in the worst injury crisis they'd be unable to play?

Pathetic this "Ashley excuses" thing like.

Harper, Krul, Forster

both u21 so don't count to register I think,

and theres no way Smith etc won't be registered if they're still here, on too much to sanction them sitting on their arse all the time

Makes sense.