Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain to leave with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

there are a lot of people on here who spent the majority of their time making up excuses for Ashley, sympathising with Ashley, or making apologies for Ashley, while not at all considering themselves to be Ashley sympathisers or Ashley apologists. At what point to do you stop trying to appear like you are some sort of considered contrarian valiantly battling against the knee-jerkers, and just actually become an Ashley apologist?

:clap:

So you actually want us to pay them to do nothing?

f*** off man. Don't let facts get in the way of a vendetta.

You want facts? Check our record for transfer spending since Ashley joined.

Also, since you are suddenly so big on facts, why are you including Erdinc in our squad like he's already signed?

Spent about £48m (up to now) haven't we, in the 4 season he's been here?

That's not a bad outlay for someone who many claim won't spend on players.

We make an £11m transfer profit on average per year.

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

So, that's what, £100k a week on wages doing nowt, £5m for the season? As if we'd sanction that. :lol:

Hold on a sec, I thought extra wages were coming out of the transfer funds? In which case it wouldn't matter. Now there is some barrier beyond which we can't sanction an extra signing because Alan Smith has 11 months left on his contract.

this really is getting beyond ridiculous now.

We're clearly penny pinching, so you honestly think we'd pay Xisco & Smith £5m for the season knowing we can't use them even in an emergency? Bollocks man. We're too tight to just give money like that away.

Also, since you are suddenly so big on facts, why are you including Erdinc in our squad like he's already signed?

:facepalm:

How much did we rake in in incoming transfer fees in that time?

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Erding.

No ambition since we've came back up like.

It's all relative ffs, if we were genuinely on the bare bones of our arse then that would be absolutely outstanding. We've brought in £39m worth of fees since January and spent £4.6m, roughly £10m should we get Erding. That's shit.

We'll have spent £16.75m on transfer fees since January if we buy Erdinc for £6.5m.  Marveaux and Ba will have cost us a few million as well (as will signing on/agent fees for the rest), so conservatively we'll have spent something just over £20m.  There should definitely be cash left to spend.

I've left out agent fees and signing on fees, it's only since we've had this £35m to spend that the club has suddenly started counting those in money spent. I'm aware that could be a very clever move to make us not get held to ransom due to have a large amount of unspent money, but I choose believe that it's just bullshit from Pardew upwards.

Makes me laugh to think that other clubs are somehow fooled by our ridiculous insistence that we've got no money left and therefore we'll get a better deal. Like they'll have forgotten all about the 8th highest transfer fee in history. How fucking thick would they have to be? :lol:

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

Obviously we'll register all three if they're still here, when does a club ever have that many highly-paid players not registered for the squad?? I think never is the answer.

Spurs with Woodgate. in reality Routledge will leave, Xisco will probably be off on loan somewhere, and Smith will probably be registered if we don't come to some agreement with the likes of Leeds to pay most his wages if they'll take him on a free. personally i wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team. is it worth taking up a squad space to have him embarras himself in 2 or 3 league games? Whether or not he is registered matters not one jot regarding his wages, we pay them whether he is or isn't.

Why do we have to get rid of Smith/Routledge etc to replace them? We not allowed to bring in better players while they're still here like?

comes back to if you think Ashley would allow them to get paid (quite well in Smith case) to not play for the season, can't see it personally and since if we get Erding the squad is full until we move some we ain't doing fuck all transfer wise

Why do we have to get rid of Smith/Routledge etc to replace them? We not allowed to bring in better players while they're still here like?

And what happens if we're stuck with them?

We pay them to be soopa backups until a) their contracts run-out or b) someone is stupid enough to buy them.

Like Man U did with the likes of Brown and O'Shea. It didn't stop them buying Smalling and so on.

we shouldn't even be considering registering Xisco or Smith or Routledge ffs. the first two are write-offs, the latter is almost certain to leave with a number of clubs bidding for him. worst excuse yet.

there are a lot of people on here who spent the majority of their time making up excuses for Ashley, sympathising with Ashley, or making apologies for Ashley, while not at all considering themselves to be Ashley sympathisers or Ashley apologists. At what point to do you stop trying to appear like you are some sort of considered contrarian valiantly battling against the knee-jerkers, and just actually become an Ashley apologist?

:thup:

I wasn't sure where to put this, but here it goes;

I'm fucking sick to death of excuse after excuse being made for this fat cunt in charge. At what point does it all become too much?

I was chuffed with the way we finished last season, and had a genuine feeling we could push on from there if we re-invested the Carroll cash wisely and now I can't help but feel like we're going to struggle this season and just narrowly stay up (hopefully). I know it's knee-jerk, but we were one transfer window away from really putting our stamp back on the Premier League, instead we're seemingly becoming your run of the mill, mediocre club who either yo-yo's from division to division or just around mid-table in the Premier'.

If we get relegated again in the next year or two, it will cripple this club.

So you actually want us to pay them to do nothing?

We've been paying them to do nothing for the past two/three/four years and we will be continuing to pay them to do nothing regardless. Ashley's own stupid fault, especially Xisco. Re: your question earlier, Redknapp left several of his high earners out of his 25 last season because they were of no use to him, like Smith and Xisco.

Are you asking me whether I'd have Smith in the squad or Smith not in the squad? Not, not, not, every day of the week.

Guest johnson293

Your point seemed to be about our spending, not recouping of fees.

Obviously we'll register all three if they're still here, when does a club ever have that many highly-paid players not registered for the squad?? I think never is the answer.

Spurs with Woodgate. in reality Routledge will leave, Xisco will probably be off on loan somewhere, and Smith will probably be registered if we don't come to some agreement with the likes of Leeds to pay most his wages if they'll take him on a free. personally i wouldn't want him anywhere near the first team. is it worth taking up a squad space to have him embarras himself in 2 or 3 league games? Whether or not he is registered matters not one jot regarding his wages, we pay them whether he is or isn't.

Spurs knew they were going to be without Woodgate through injury regardless of whether he was registered, hence why they signed Gallas. I doubt Spurs would have signed him had Woodgate been fit enough to register.

Surely to replace players you need offers to come in for them?

Or agree to pay off the remainder of their (massive) contracts at a certain % which makes them free agents ale to find another club. Also frees up space for someone who'll contribute during the course of the season.

Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba, Erding.

No ambition since we've came back up like.

It's all relative ffs, if we were genuinely on the bare bones of our arse then that would be absolutely outstanding. We've brought in £39m worth of fees since January and spent £4.6m, roughly £10m should we get Erding. That's shit.

We'll have spent £16.75m on transfer fees since January if we buy Erdinc for £6.5m.  Marveaux and Ba will have cost us a few million as well (as will signing on/agent fees for the rest), so conservatively we'll have spent something just over £20m.  There should definitely be cash left to spend.

I've left out agent fees and signing on fees, it's only since we've had this £35m to spend that the club has suddenly started counting those in money spent. I'm aware that could be a very clever move to make us not get held to ransom due to have a large amount of unspent money, but I choose believe that it's just bullshit from Pardew upwards.

Even if you ignore agent/signing on fees (which isn't really practical when you're dealing with two high profile free transfers) it would still be £16.75m not £10m, just FYI.  Like I said we still have money their, no question.

So, that's what, £100k a week on wages doing nowt, £5m for the season? As if we'd sanction that. :lol:

Hold on a sec, I thought extra wages were coming out of the transfer funds? In which case it wouldn't matter. Now there is some barrier beyond which we can't sanction an extra signing because Alan Smith has 11 months left on his contract.

We're clearly penny pinching, so you honestly think we'd pay Xisco & Smith £5m for the season knowing we can't use them even in an emergency? Bollocks man. We're too tight to just give money like that away.

Are you defending what you think they WILL do, or what you think they SHOULD do..?

And what happens if we're stuck with them?

We pay them to be soopa backups until a) their contracts run-out or b) someone is stupid enough to buy them.

Like Man U did with the likes of Brown and O'Shea. It didn't stop them buying Smalling and so on.

They wouldn't be back ups though, they'd not be registered.

Are you defending what you think they WILL do, or what you think they SHOULD do..?

I haven't defended a thing. All I've said is until some of those senior players on the fringes go, we'll not be signing anyone.

Every single player in that squad Ashley (or his cronies) have sanctioned a contract for.

I don't remember anyone saying he hasn't made any mistakes. Quite the opposite in fact. The current approach to contracts is obviously different, in part due to him getting his fingers burnt over the likes of Smith.

Your point seemed to be about our spending, not recouping of fees.

You know what I meant, or should have..

I haven't defended a thing. All I've said is until some of those senior players on the fringes go, we'll not be signing anyone.

Ok, so that's what you think they WILL do. Do you personally think that is what they SHOULD do?