Our number 1 next season?

Luc
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Still think one of Krul and Forster will leave this summer. The dream situation is they battle for the shirt but it's just not going to happen.

Probably Forster, which would be unfortunate.

In dreamland, I'd keep Forster as numero uno, Harper as backup and let Krul go on a season's loan.

The season after that, Harper retires and Krul and Forster battle it out for number one.

In reality, one of them is picked and the other leaves, as they both want 1st team football.

Guest SuperShola!

Harper for 1 more season then he should become a coach for the toon, Krul to number 1, Forster of the bench, bob's your uncle.

Having watched him throughout last season in the SPL, I think it's only fair to reflect on the stark fact that Forster kicks like a girl and flaps at crosses like he is trying to catch a cannon ball. He'd therefore be a vast improvement on Harper. 

Still think one of Krul and Forster will leave this summer. The dream situation is they battle for the shirt but it's just not going to happen.

Yep.

Massive sell on % of fee/buy back clause should be inserted if so. You never know and being NUFC the one we sell will turn out better.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Why does no one like harper I think he's a decent keeper. I'm not so sure about Krul all of you seem to like him but I think he's a bit dodgy and forster is better. I voted for forster because I want to see him be the next shay given for us.

Why does no one like harper I think he's a decent keeper. I'm not so sure about Krul all of you seem to like him but I think he's a bit dodgy and forster is better. I voted for forster because I want to see him be the next shay given for us.

Harper is consistent and won´t make big mistakes, but he´s still very average. It´s not just about shot stopping were Krul obviously is miles ahead, but one of the reasons Harper make few big mistakes is because he´s staying on his line way to often when the ball is crossed into our box. Krul is often off his line to catch the ball and by that he prevents a lot of chances against. It will result in the odd mistake having a goalkeeper going for a lot of crosses, but that´s the case for all of the top class goalies like Reina, Cech, Van der Saar etc.

I would go with Krul next season, although I don´t know to much about Forster. Krul has proved he´s got the potential to be our next 1st choice, and I think next season is the right time to give him the shirt.

The thing is, while Forster has had a full season with Celtic, I think throwing him in front of our back 4 whilst having played 0 competitive games with them would be a disaster. Krul's done pretty well on merit and been called up to one of the biggest national teams in football. Build on that I say, Forster could easily make the bench, i'd be happy with that, getting the odd run here and there. As of soderberg..  :dontknow:

Krul for me and he deserves the chance to make it his imho but Forster has pre season freindlies etc to show what he can do and an interesting battle for me ,Harper has had his time .

In dreamland, I'd keep Forster as numero uno, Harper as backup and let Krul go on a season's loan.

The season after that, Harper retires and Krul and Forster battle it out for number one.

In reality, one of them is picked and the other leaves, as they both want 1st team football.

That solution would deliver first team football for them both though, one here and another at a loan club.

Really think it would be a massive error to sell either of them now. Let's actually manage a player properly for once.