Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I've seen quite a few of you guys slating the club for selling off and unsettling some of our players but if this is the reason why, bring it on. The club has a plan this time around and I think we will all be better for it come the start of the season against Arsenal.

NUFC, you don't fail to disappoint.  :cheesy:

3 very good signings and they have cost less than £5million in transfer fees.

That is good business!

They are decent players too.

Well done to the management and scouting team.

Don't know much about him but have to say improved pace of our team with these 3 signings for 5 mil, very shrewd business like.

Liverpool only sign players over 19 mil :)

Are we just using Ben Arfa as our chief scout and negotiator now then, wouldnt be suprised to hear he'd talked to him at this rate

Happy news, dont know much about the lad. Hopefully v good.

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has underlined that his transfer to Liverpool fell through because he could not agree personal terms with the Premier League side.

The former France Under-21 international appeared set to sign for Liverpool on a free transfer from Rennes to put a couple of disappointing seasons, marred by injuries, behind him, but the move collapsed on Friday.

Reports in France suggested the transfer did not go ahead as Marveaux could not pass a medical at Liverpool, but the midfielder has now declared that was not the source of the problem.

"I do not want to go into details, but if I have not signed for Liverpool, it was because there was a contractual disagreement between the involved parties, Thursday evening," he told L'Equipe.

Marveaux, who stated he was 'disgusted' to hear such reports about him, stressed he is fit to play: "Today, I can undergo a medical before you and you will see there is no problem," said the 25-year-old, who made just 10 appearances for Rennes in 2010-11.

Guest Recoba

Thats Zog interest over I would reckon.  He used to get picked left wing over Zoggy for France U-21. Seem to remember Zog playing left back.

Is he generally right or left sided? Just wondering if this deal ends any interest in N'Zogbia?

He should be left, understudy of Jonas then.

How about Shane then?

Thats Zog interest over I would reckon.  He used to get picked left wing over Zoggy for France U-21. Seem to remember Zog playing left back.

Zog is more of a right winger now a days. And this better not be a player that stands in the way of players like Barnetta, Pedro Leon and N'Zogbia. The cheap bastard.