Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Stephen927

5 year deal seems a bit much considering the lad hasn't played since November.

Looks to be a talent, he's had some top clubs chasing him in the past.

Guest johnson293

Nice surprise for a saturday morning!!

Re: his injuries and rumours of a failed medical - with whats gone on rceently with other contact negotiations, and the protracted Ba signing, I'm sure the club won't be signing anyone that they aren't sure will be available to play, especially on long contracts.

They (the club) certainly dont seem like they want to be paying out for longterm injured/sidelined players anymore, so hopefully there will be clauses in place, as I think there may be with Ba.

Guest Antec

5 year deal seems a bit much considering the lad hasn't played since November.

Looks to be a talent, he's had some top clubs chasing him in the past.

Another don't play don't get paid deal perhaps?

Out of the blue.

Regarding the injuries, sound like typical Kieron Dyer injuries, but that didn't stop Dyer lifting us for the 20 games a season he managed. The key is to have backup. We haven Ben Arfa, Jonas, Neil Taylor and Ferguson who can all play left wing as well.

Out of the blue.

Regarding the injuries, sound like typical Kieron Dyer injuries, but that didn't stop Dyer lifting us for the 20 games a season he managed. The key is to have backup. We haven Ben Arfa, Jonas, Neil Taylor and Ferguson who can all play left wing as well.

:iamatwat:

wow, great news to wake up to. very encouraging transfer. looks a busy little player.

however he's another with big injury worries, so i wouldn't expect too much from him in the short term. might be another Gosling - opportunity signing due to both contract running down and being injury plagued. hope he turns out better than that though.

wonder what this kind of signing means for our budget - are we just not going to spend that much and go for opportunity purchases, or does getting 3 big signings in for around £5m mean we've "kept the powder dry" to spend big on one or two epic signings (sturridge plz!). And what does this mean for the likes of N'Zogbia? Also wonder where it leaves the likes of Jonas and Barton. Personally feel we'll see more disappointing departures, balanced by more transfer shocks coming in.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hopefully a squad player with some quality about him. Very pleased we've done this business so well.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hopefully a squad player with some quality about him. Very pleased we've done this business so well.

Aye. Would be a canny impact player.

:thup:

Building up a good squad now.

My guess is that he didn't actually fail his medical at Liverpool, but they started quibbling about the terms of his contract due to his injury record. We were that bit more bold.

Ashley has shown before that he's not afraid to take a gamble on a player's fitness. We gave Ben Arfa a five year deal when he had a broken leg.

Not all these signings will come off, but if there's no fee, we may be reasoning that they're good percentage calls.

Given he has apparently turned down Liverpool for us I doubt he is coming in as a squad player.

He hasn't turned them down. He's failed their medical.

Ah right cheers.

Oh well, I woke up this morning expecting to find out Ba has failed his medical here only to find he has signed and so has Marveaux. Good start to the day that :)

Given he has apparently turned down Liverpool for us I doubt he is coming in as a squad player.

If this is a guy who have taken up the place for Zog, Barnetta etc, I'd say this is a rather poor deal for Newcastle.