Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Geremi was a very good footballer I thought. But by the time he came here he was no longer able to physically compete.

Brilliant cross for a goal against the Mackems one of his few highlights.

Geremi was a very good footballer I thought. But by the time he came here he was no longer able to physically compete.

Brilliant cross for a goal against the Mackems one of his few highlights.

Indeed. Tbf to Geremi, he did have a good run of form when Keegan was in charge. It became the case of, Geremi delivery = Owen goal.

Geremi also had that cheeky freekick goal vs. Spurs @ WHL in that match if I recall correctly too.  Oh & that Martins goal...happy days at WHL. Hope for more of the same on Saturday.

Cracking game that was. Couldn't believe it when Martins got the 4th!

Geremi also had that cheeky freekick goal vs. Spurs @ WHL in that match if I recall correctly too.  Oh & that Martins goal...happy days at WHL. Hope for more of the same on Saturday.

Cracking game that was. Couldn't believe it when Martins got the 4th!

Nicky Butt also scored in that match didn't he? :mike:

Was that the Martins thunderbolt into the top left corner? Never been as amazed at a goal, came out of nowhere.

that was the 3-2

4-1 was when geremi etc scored

random goalscorers list from those 2 games, i think butt scored in both?

I wonder if the likes of Owen, Oba, Viduka, Charles, etc. could have had better careers here if they played in front of a legitimate squad rather than what we had back then. Even someone like Milner (who I thought looked a very limited player at NUFC in 2008). Those teams were so unbalanced and poorly put together. We have 10+ million pound attackers on 50,000+ per week and were routinely starting children and the disabled. So little about that era and our decline makes any sense to me. It is hard to think of a club that has been more poorly run than us in that time frame.

I wonder if the likes of Owen, Oba, Viduka, Charles, etc. could have had better careers here if they played in front of a legitimate squad rather than what we had back then. Even someone like Milner (who I thought looked a very limited player at NUFC in 2008). Those teams were so unbalanced and poorly put together. We have 10+ million pound attackers on 50,000+ per week and were routinely starting children and the disabled. So little about that era and our decline makes any sense to me. It is hard to think of a club that has been more poorly run than us in that time frame.

:lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest WashyGeordie

I remember all of this so vividly now.

Paul Huntington scored a goal for us :lol:

He's still only 24. Sign him (back) up!!!!

Guest BooBoo

Can't fucking wait until we get this lad back.

He'll be a bonus but he only showed a few glimpses really in his appearances so far. Nothing to get overly excited about from what I saw.

Can't f***ing wait until we get this lad back.

He'll be a bonus but he only showed a few glimpses really in his appearances so far. Nothing to get overly excited about from what I saw.

He can control and pass a ball. Works for me like.

Can't fucking wait until we get this lad back.

Thought he was pretty good with the ball, seemed willing to run with it and take on a defender or two.  Still early days with him.

Guest BooBoo

He gets better with every game he's missed

Happens a lot on these pages.

I'll confess I never saw the lad play in France so I'm only going off what he's done for us. Which to be honest was very little, a few decent showings maybe in the league cup and a simple lay off for Cabaye v Wigan? Forgive me for my pulse not quickening.